Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do XP rewards need to increase?

Default Do XP rewards need to increase?

So I can't quit thinking about something:
    I've been leveling a DT recently and when he finished Tortage I took him through the Gates of Khitan.

Now, GoK is supposed to be a level 20-40 zone, yes?
    When I started the zone, I was either 21 or 22 (can't quite remember which) and when I finished the zone, having done every quest I could find available, including the quests that send you to the solo instances, I was level 42.

There was not a single moment when I wasn't benefiting from a Double XP potion.

Which means, theoretically at least, if I didn't have those potions, I would have only gained 10ish levels in the 20-40 leveling zone?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    So I can't quit thinking about something:
    I've been leveling a DT recently and when he finished Tortage I took him through the Gates of Khitan.

Now, GoK is supposed to be a level 20-40 zone, yes?
    When I started the zone, I was either 21 or 22 (can't quite remember which) and when I finished the zone, having done every quest I could find available, including the quests that send you to the solo instances, I was level 42.

There was not a single moment when I wasn't benefiting from a Double XP potion.

Which means, theoretically at least, if I didn't have those potions, I would have only gained 10ish levels in the 20-40 leveling zone?
    You don't gain more xp from quest with potion.
    You only get more xp from killing mobs.
    iGank

Quote Originally Posted by inventus View Post
    You don't gain more xp from quest with potion.
    You only get more xp from killing mobs.
    There's also a cap. I recently had a character powerlevelled and there was absolutely no difference between +100% XP and +10% XP.

Well, that makes me feel a combination of better and still bad. :P

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    There's also a cap. I recently had a character powerlevelled and there was absolutely no difference between +100% XP and +10% XP.
    errr can u quote combat log?

i know theres been a difference in every pl iv participated in

also "lvl 20-40" doesnt mean that u have to be able to level from level 20 straight to lvl 40 without leaving the area..it only means that in this area are quests for chars in those levels..since there are 4 20-40 areas u will certainly never get a problem with xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    I have done Gatewai to Khitai and only leveled there without any potions, starting from level 20. I think I was 37 or 38 when I ran out of missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    There is a xp cap and there is for sure a difference between 10% and 100% xp potions. Best way to get a look at it that I can think of is by going to the villa's and try the 10% in one then cancel it and pop a 100% then do another and you'll see the difference. If you were power leveled then your max xp is going to be limited by the other people in your group even with xp potions.

Nonono, twice people had the chance to get a free lvl 50 toon, and we have offline lvl's too, along with the normal XP boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    There is a xp cap and there is for sure a difference between 10% and 100% xp potions. Best way to get a look at it that I can think of is by going to the villa's and try the 10% in one then cancel it and pop a 100% then do another and you'll see the difference. If you were power leveled then your max xp is going to be limited by the other people in your group even with xp potions.
    He was PL'd in Northern Grasslands and was the only character being PL'd so he reached the cap with only a 10% XP potion at low levels. While you're at a lower level, the cap is much easier to reach without potions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast