Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my free 50

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    if you want to use your 50lvl char then take a class that is boring bellow 50. HoX, BS, Dts are great fun to lvl from lvl 1. Try taking Guard, or ToS (tos gets really nice after lvl 30 but before 30 its boring).
    this exactly!

For the lvl 50 start - DO NOT PICK HOX please (or other dps classes)

Take BS. BS is strong to 20 , weak between 20 and 40 and get really good after 50 (same as ToS almost). Could take a PoM, but BS is rarer overall.

What ever you do, don't pick Demo for lvl 50. I did and regretted it, at least it was on 2nd account which I don't use.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    What ever you do, don't pick Demo for lvl 50. I did and regretted it, at least it was on 2nd account which I don't use.
    Mmh ? Why not ? What was the problem ?

Personnaly, I think Demo is incredibly boring at low level. Like, really, it was difficult to find the will to play and level it, but it get a bit better after '50. I think despite what it feel like at 80, Demo, Ranger after revamp and Guardian are probably the more boring to play at low level. (Well, even boring for most of the way to 80, I would say)

Don't pick a HoX! 30-50 is a blast on a HoX, and fast too. 70-79 can be tough on a HoX, too, which means you've left yourself with 20 levels to master the class.

BS is a great pick. They are slow for the first 30 levels or so.

Rangers or casters might also be a good pick, but I might be biased because I find them so dull. Also, note that most of the casters level very fast to 50.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Ranger and guardian are two horrible classes at leveling, so I'd recommend them to start at 50, then when you get enough offline levels to get you to 80, use them.

First, don't free 50 a class you don't think you can pick up how to play fairly easily. Nothing worse than an 80 who doesn't know his/her class.

Also - don't pick a class you really don't have a passion to play. You only get the free 50 once - you can't delete and re-roll a new 50, so whatever you pick, you're stuck with or delete and start at level 1 with something else.

My personal experience -
    PoM was difficult to level.
    Guard is slow to level only due to the low dps output but I still enjoyed leveling mine.

I can't speak on the Hox as I offlined mine from 30-80 and still don't have a clue how to play it.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    I can't speak on the Hox as I offlined mine from 30-80 and still don't have a clue how to play it.
    This...
    I have had to "retro-level" some toons to learn how to play the class. Frankly, i have ended up deleting every free 50 toon i ever made. And btw... they were all rangers. There is a hint for you
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Haha, hence why I came to the forums before just knee-jerk creating something!

The first free 50 I used was my ToS, so I lucked out there (it was easy to pick up) and I'm really considering BS atm, but how hard would that class be to jump right into at level 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Haha, hence why I came to the forums before just knee-jerk creating something!

The first free 50 I used was my ToS, so I lucked out there (it was easy to pick up) and I'm really considering BS atm, but how hard would that class be to jump right into at level 50?
    Depends. If you are experienced at the game, and have another experienced player who can give you 5 minutes of their time, not hard. If you try to do it all on your own and you are new, quite a while.

Default Dt ye..

Quote Originally Posted by Heroen View Post
    BS

from all the classes fun and complexity wise its BS, HoX and DT.

So if youre uncertain about hox due to the revamp, go BS !
    Bs and Hox I agree..most interesting classes..but dt?are you kidding me?Its funny..tank elite, unkillable,only dies if 3 individuals target him..and its complex,unlimited hit points,unlimited protection...Dt is the most ridiculous class in Aoc..after revamp they become funny..they don't exist..pvp wise speaking..pve wise they good magic tanks..
    Last edited by ieronymous; 18th May 2013 at 01:33.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast