Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVP with the New Ping

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Nothing new in this video. I saw this many times before the server transfer.

pvp pop really dropped in crom, just waited half an hour for a mini to pop then logged off.

Have not seen one Jhebbal mini since the change (Crom or Fury).
    Latency today 190ms-210ms with the usual spikes back (800-1000+ ms).

Predicting the targets move is the only way to hit anything, especially when you play sin or 1 hand classes. But this would require a stable ping, which isnt the case at the moment.

And even with prediction you cant do a thing against cast with 0,5 sec to 1 sec. over 200 ping means, that there is a dely aorund half a second between your client and the client of your opponent, if he suffers such a high ping too.

this means, if he casts something with 0,5 seconds, you will notice this when its already done. you cant react anymore. the problem is not your own high ping, the problem is, that most ppl suffer from high ping. the whole game is delayed for a noticeable and unstable timeframe. you dont know if your target has high or low ping.

this was a game about skill in reaction time and tactic. now its just a game about luck being right with your prediction. and with the fact, that there are casts you could once react to which you cant anymore.

I even managed to miss player right in front of me. I was in reach hit finisher and red

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Such a handsome player!

Yeah, it's much harder now to hit a kiting target with sin or dt for example, wasn't that bad yesterday for example, but today instead of having 130 ping i have at least 190, something is wrong... People are saying that GW and a few other games servers are located in USA, that's right, but those games have completly different combat system, playing melees there is the same as playing casters... If the ping is not gonna change then i doubt that the population will grow, many will start quiting the game and i'm among them. Funcom finally do something useful for the community.
    Last edited by Allandir; 16th May 2013 at 16:08.

Assuming there is no way to change the latency under a certain point...what would you think might help (and be acceptable) as changes to the combat system?

Examples: larger hitboxes, less movement speed, less instant abilities etc.

Closed as there's already a topic relating to ping: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182714
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12