Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Language barriers after EU/US merge.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yes, of course! No one would like to see people spamming.
    heheheeh m8 you play on dif server, at least last week what i see in global is rusian so no need for someone to learn english if he/she knows rusian
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

I guess the new server will work much like the EU server(s) have been working all the time, mostly English but with some speaking other languages in between. Its no real problem though, most Europeans speak some level of English.

In the monthly letter Joel says that they will merge the "PvE queues", what exactly does that mean? The signup process to PvE happens on global, so will they merge Pvp and PvE global in Phase 3? That could be intresting considering the global culture on Fury and Crom are quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, and for some reason the search function is not yielding any results on the topic, so I apologize if this is a ditto post.

How will the game handle multiple languages being spoken in global/LFG/NPH/Raid chat channels? I think it will be interesting (especially on the new PvP server) concerning guild rivalries and such.
    No different than the French Canadians and BRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Will there be a separate Yank chanel? Microsoft seems to think English (US) is a language.

They can't spell anyway.

Repeat after me:
    - NUCLEAR - not Nucelar
    - ALUMINIUM - not Aluminum
    I too wish there was a separate channel for the 'yanks'. Then us Canadians could have some peace and quiet.

Default Language war on the way

Global is global, it is not english.

If you want to read only english, restrict yourself the Global(English) Channel.

I'm happy to see many languages in global -- The world is not restricted to english.

Quote Originally Posted by Engzoria View Post
    Just learn english
    Learn American!

We fought two wars to not speak english.

One in 1776 to stop speaking English and on in 1812 when England tried to make us start speaking English again.

Just say no to English and traffic circles.

But say yes to bangers and mash. That's okay.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

This thread is going anywhere. Currently there's no language issues on the servers, I doubt that'll change after merges.

Thread closed
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12