Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What video card to get?

Hardly any differene between
    ATI 5870
    AMD 6950
    AMD 7950
    Nvidia 660ti

They all get about same fps even tho 2 of them are alot more powerfull than 5870 which is the 660ti & 7950.
    Game uses about 50-60% of the GPU and Cpu is even worse at 20% of a i7 920d0 3.8ghz.

So before the game realy uses hardware better its no big point getting a to high ended GPU for only Conan imo that is

I have zero difference with

gt 8800
    HD 5870
    gtx 680

Have tested with some CPUs also, fps changes only with CPU change, with one CPU + all those GPUs tested fps is always same

CPU is most important for aoc
    Then Ram
    then ssd
    then cheap ass video card

Slith, i suggest you wait for Haswell CPUs. They are coming soon at this summer

If you are buying a new PC, be sure to get at least a 240gb SSD for AoC. It will do wonders to your loading. Northern Grasslands in a few seconds? Aww yeah.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Yes aoc-computer should have at least 8gb of good memory, fast enough cpu (the amount of cores doesn't count) and ssd. As said already the gpu should be something average to get what you can from aoc. Getting better gpu doesn't make the game run better even if you have all the other parts in order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12