Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: PVP with the New Ping!

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Lower ping I presume can be an handicap especially on melees, or on 1 vs 1 insta casts (like 2 demos using Detonation one vs the other).
    But unplayable? Really?
    I get what you are saying, i used to had 80-90 ms and now its 165-200 usually. Its huge difference.
    Is it unplayable? maybe not. But when you are facing good pvper and his ping is 50 and yours 150-250 than it becomes unplayable. Why would i loose to someone only because his internet connection is better in a game i pay to play?
    For some time pvp was gear and aa dependant, now we can ad latency to it.

I can totally sympathize with the Europeans. I played Conan at launch and for almost 2 years with under 80 ms ping then moved to the other side of the world where I had 340 ms pings for 3 years. It is awful playing anything other than a caster or a Guardian on those latencies and even with a caster and a ranger, you are still at a big disadvantage in pvp because your response time will always be slower than the other guys. I have huge respect for Aussies playing melee classes as its like playing with one hand tied behind your back. It's no coincidence that most of the elite pvp'ers have incredibly low pings.

Going back to the US where I once again saw under 100 ms pings, it felt like I was playing on steroids and everyone seemed to slow down from my perspective in pvp (like a Matrix effect).

As one having experienced both sides, I can say it does make a huge difference and this move is a big blow to Europeans. That said, Funcom has its reasons for doing what they did. One server location means a drastic reduction in expenses in both location rental fees and staff to man the data center. Consolidating to 2 servers (one pvp and one pve) is also a huge cut in costs.

Hopefully this means the game will last longer and they'll have the resources to spend on more content but unfortunately we'll lose a good chunk of the competitive pvp'ers due to the latency changes.

First and foremost - PvP related threads should be located in the PvP subsection of the forums, not the general section.

Second - multiple threads have been closed or moved off of the public forums because there are threads already open discussing the topic, they are against the Social Guidelines or there is no point to the thread. This will become one as soon as I complete this post.

Third - the EU servers will not move back to EU for one reason and one reason alone. As the Game Director stated in his monthly letter, this was a required move in order to achieve single server tech. This was the first of three phases.

If you want to PvP with your new latency, I suggest you post in the PvP section of the forums and ask for tips/tricks from those who have experienced the same latency you are now receiving since they have been able to successfully PvP with no game breaking issues. But do so constructively or those threads will be shut down/moved as well.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456