Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PVP with the New Ping!

Back to PVP: do we aim straight at the enemy, or do we have to calculate the trajectory with the delays?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 15th May 2013 at 11:39.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    No mmo have set a ping around 200 to be "normal". Why is that you think?

you think? go to link and say that to the ppl in wow
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2301723213

that most of them have around 300ms.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    you think? go to link and say that to the ppl in wow
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2301723213

that most of them have around 300ms.
    yes, because WoW got famous for their fast combo based combat system, right? dude, srsly..

anyway, I´ve got still no idea, why are you defending FC (or whoever) in a situation, when the majority of AoC playerbase got their latency doubled (at least) overnight for no reason.. it´s like telling someone who just lost his arm in a car accident "but hey, you´ve still got the other one, so where´s the problem, dude?!"
    Last edited by Argantes; 15th May 2013 at 09:04.

It's very hard to doubletap-kb effectivly, most time i have to do it randomly.

With ToS i would say it's not a problem, but still, i have some skills which depend on ping reaction : the first one that comes to my mind is the silence/interrupt (thundering voice).
    Back to the pre-cc revamp it was instant, now it's a 0.5sec cast (which is, for an interrupt, is not okay, interrupts in GW1 were 0.25sec cast and better range/cd). So if i have to interrupt for example a quick combo or spell like Demo stun or GC IV, i have to consider :

1/ My positionning (gameplay-related)
    2/ Interrupt cast time (gameplay/balance-related)
    3/ Human reaction (player-related)
    4/ And now, latency ! (server-related).

I think it's too much.
    Yesterday, i've experienced an horrible JS. Everyone teleported, there was constantly micro lag spikes, you feel you've casted your spell or capped that flag until you move and see it was cancelled by your movement. I moved cause the game told me "cast time over", and it wasn't true. Very annoying.

As a priest, my job is also to do heals. You know, the best heal is the blue cone heal. It's a cone, so when people are moving constantly, it's sometimes hard to catch them (and the closest they are to the death, the quickest they move and kite lol). Well, before that day, that issue was sometimes resolved with little anticipation of the target location. Now, it's almost impossible. You casted your blue heal one time, two time, three time, player is always out of range cause that ****ing server doesn't respond in exact time and with the latency you have to do random expectations of the exact location of others players (player's moves + latency = yay). Differences between the client and the server are getting worse. For a 2013 sub-based game, i expected better that's why i'm now in F2P.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Sure it is 'playable' with +180ms. In minis you'll always find players in a middle of a combo or cast they don't break straight away to hit. The kind of player that don't move between white hits. But forget about landing combos on moving targets, forget using anti-cc on 0.5sec cast cc or double tapping KB.

In other words, there will always be terrible PvPers so even with high ping you can kill noobs, but that's not enough in my opinion to "do fine" in PvP. When you've experienced for 5years PvP with fairly good ping (servers in netherlands was awesome !) it's hard to swallow.

And the thing isn't sololy the ping that is frustrating. It's the ping increase for something not completely understandable. More players EU, more expensive sub. Single server tech for EU servers would have been enough.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Finaly some boost for HoX! Well it was hard to hit me before now well I feel that I got finaly upper hand even over best sins

Xu the slayer of assasins
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Yea getting high ping is annoying and a pain. But some of us have had it for 5 years and we still manage to do very well in PvP and have fun. Maybe try adapting to it first, before making a decision.

Having a ping like 120ms-150ms is not an issue itself. Many game works fine with this.
    The biggest isssues are spike latency tbh.

But Funcom could have a look on the data size exchange between our Pc and their server. Some are probably not really needed and less data transfer could make the game very smooth even with 200ms ping.

100ms ping is acceptable ... 200 is not. 150 is borderline.

For those used to 50-100ms.

AoC should not be running at 200ms from EU. Just should not, TSW doesn't, neither should AoC. North Carolina is East Coast ... 100-120ms top ping.

It may well be just temporary until the hamsters get up to speed again, but if 200ms is "normal" .. then we have a serious problem.
    Last edited by Invino; 15th May 2013 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    yes, because WoW got famous for their fast combo based combat system, right? dude, srsly..

anyway, I´ve got still no idea, why are you defending FC (or whoever) in a situation, when the majority of AoC playerbase got their latency doubled (at least) overnight for no reason.. it´s like telling someone who just lost his arm in a car accident "but hey, you´ve still got the other one, so where´s the problem, dude?!"
    1st i am not your dude ans 2nd since there are huge amount of mmos that have a combo system and have latency at 50ms pls post some to check. Btw never played wow just googled "average wow latency" (since every mmo is checked against wow) after your prev as for no reason you say when population will be increased after merges around 5 times you'll get your reason and yes for me its ok to have +80ms to get 5xPopulation. But since this is starting to be personal I'll end it here.
    Last edited by jenyu; 15th May 2013 at 10:44.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast