Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP with the New Ping!

Default PVP with the New Ping!

There was a petition with over 3 pages on moving back to Europe, inasmuch a lot of us have pings over 250ms! My guild mates wanted to sign it, but we cannot find it.

Still, please move the servers back to Europe! Relocation of the servers is really necessary for us to experience PVP and PVE in the game instead of teleporting and thinking on the ways to move our houses closer to the United States. Think of the subscriptions and us!

230-270ms with the best connection available: how are we supposed to PVP now? Please, people with pings over 200, share your experience! All I see now is teleporting, CCing out of animations, and people acting strangely. My hits land after 200-300ms, and the chat is lagged by 420-600ms.

This is a topic only on PVP with the high ping! How does one play melee and casters with 250-300ms?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 15th May 2013 at 05:39.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

More braveheart speaches please.

I only ask on how to land hits correctly and about the gameplay overall in PVP, sir. There is no need to make acrimonious remarks.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    There was a petition with over 3 pages on moving back to Europe, inasmuch a lot of us have pings over 250ms! My guild mates wanted to sign it, but we cannot find it.

Still, please move the servers back to Europe! Relocation of the servers is really necessary for us to experience PVP and PVE in the game instead of teleporting and thinking on the ways to move our houses closer to the United States. Think of the subscriptions and us!

230-270ms with the best connection available: how are we supposed to PVP now? Please, people with pings over 200, share your experience! All I see now is teleporting, CCing out of animations, and people acting strangely. My hits land after 200-300ms, and the chat is lagged by 420-600ms.

This is a topic only on PVP with the high ping! How does one play melee and casters with 250-300ms?
    australians like me have 350 ping and we have had so for 5years. i pvp fine. yes its tough at times but sure not worth all these tears.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    australians like me have 350 ping and we have had so for 5years. i pvp fine. yes its tough at times but sure not worth all these tears.
    [jokes] Yarr! We are super tough! Grrr! We will play the game under any circumstances! Aaargh! Not care about high latency! [/jokes]

You have the wrong perspective Geldour. This is not at all about how much latency you can have before it becomes completely unplayable, but the fact that Funcom has tripled the latency for 75% of their subscribers. Everyone else has higher latency, except the few people in US that are subscribing. The biggest player base in AoC by far is European, Scandinavian and Russian players.

We and Funcom in particular should be oriented towards a solution to this mess they created, rather than putting the angle towards "meh - it's playable but not enjoyable". And your comment really takes 1st prize, boasting you have played with 350mS for five years! Wow! What was your latency before and after the server move? Are you affected in any way compared to what you got earlier? It's 16 000 km from Sydney to New Jersey, and 15 500 km from Sydney to Stockholm. I doubt you notice any difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Casters are fine with high ping, kiting can be a little tricky but it's not a bit problem. I don't dare try short range melees with that ping though... will result in ragequitting.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    +1 I pvped for last 5 years with lat of 150-200 that is a lot better than Gel sais and pvp was more than fine. Now lat is around 180-260 (for me) not that much diff as before. But ppl that had 40ms and now have 150 saying that they cant play is just a joke. At 150 game runs great. And at least (for) now there are no lag spikes at all.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    +1 I pvped for last 5 years with lat of 150-200 that is a lot better than Gel sais and pvp was more than fine. Now lat is around 180-260 (for me) not that much diff as before. But ppl that had 40ms and now have 150 saying that they cant play is just a joke. At 150 game runs great. And at least (for) now there are no lag spikes at all.
    More than fine? Because you have grown custom to a handicap, doesent mean others will be as understanding to why they get their "foot cut off". 150 is unplayable, meaning, the game experience is crippled beyond what it should be. No mmo have set a ping around 200 to be "normal". Why is that you think?
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

The only argument funcom will understand is chancelling your subs. You can argue as much as you want, as long as you pay funcom wont listen. They never did. The funcom management is completely ignorant about such issues. They knew they would destroy the ping for the majority of the com. They didnt care. Because ppl will still sub and pay in the shop. So why should they listen as long as ppl subbing. They will argue that the forum com is just a small part with no signifikant opinion. Like they did with bori and the mitra/crom merge and all the other bas decissions over the past 5 years.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast