Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My annoyance with AA

So, it is alright someone who buys khitai at 76 or already has only higher levelswhen they introduce this feature gets a bunch of less AA? What about the people levelling alts with khitai addon but as f2p? Can they buy this "feature" in the shop without subbing?

This is simply not just and fair (if i understood you right). A fairer way would be to not give freebies, but adjust the progression curve and tweak how AA xp are gained (e.g. give it a boost at low level instancing and fresh 80s content).
    If you take a look at the gap in progression some old chars have compared to fresh 80s, it is insane (just compare 8h of KK grind with 8h of Onyx chamber). And giving a fixed number will not solve the problem (contrary to some beliefs, it is not just the AA you need for HM...what use is a rogue missing 40% of finely honed on fire boss or a dps doing only half the dps the healer or tank does and the boss' selfheal is too much?).
    This does not sound like fixing things to me, but rather giving alms to the poor so they shut up and stop complaining.
    My fear is just most people will skip the progression and think just because they now have the AA, they can fast forward to KK and T4

Quote Originally Posted by Buffarse View Post
    (...)
    Buff
    Talking about LoL, you really only have 3 classes, 5 if you look very hard. Carry(Magic/physical), support(tank/heal) and jungler.

Also, if it was so balanced why are teams allowed to ban enemy team from using some heroes? If everything was balanced that should not be needed.

Or is it that the banning is part of the balance where the developer can make mistakes and players fix it themselves.

If we look to the older professional games we can mention StarCraft brood war, where blizzard did not balance the game, but the mapmakers were the people that did that part.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    but the mapmakers were the people that did that part.
    just player moding would be real cool

@kurt FC wants to make an abo more attractive and this is one of their methods and its one i like (even though i profit absolutly 0 from it)

and yes it is fair, if you want to get the ABO BONUS then get an abo.

who you take with u in inis and dungeons is still your decision btw all my old chars have so many aa skills just from leveling over time..no newbie 80 could compare themselves to my toons (which never even saw a single khitai instance)

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    just player moding would be real cool
    Considering it is an mmo you have to limit what players can do, if you give players just a little freedom they will go ahead and exploit it into oblivion.

And i can give a good example how that is happening in another game right now: Neverwinter mmo, they have a fondery feature that lets players make maps that other players can play. The feature was already heavy restricted when the game became open for the public, but even so the community find new exploits every week.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Talking about LoL, you really only have 3 classes, 5 if you look very hard. Carry(Magic/physical), support(tank/heal) and jungler.

Also, if it was so balanced why are teams allowed to ban enemy team from using some heroes? If everything was balanced that should not be needed.

Or is it that the banning is part of the balance where the developer can make mistakes and players fix it themselves.

If we look to the older professional games we can mention StarCraft brood war, where blizzard did not balance the game, but the mapmakers were the people that did that part.
    And in AoC you only have 3, Healer, Tank, DPS so I'm not sure I understand your point? You can abstract everything to higher levels to simplify them but the balance issue with AoC is based on a desire/approach which attempts to balance every class against every other class which can't possibly work.

The bans and picks system serves a number of functions and not one of them is to take out unbalanced champions. There certainly are a handful of champions that can, in the right hands, with the right support and played by exceptionally gifted players be game changers. But looking at the last professional league, 52 different champions were banned at one time or another. To imply they are there to ban out unbalanced champions is grossly simplistic and patently wrong. Some of the pro players are very very good on certain champions so they'll get banned in every game they appear regardless. That is a reflection of the players brilliance on that character rather than anything else. There are champions such as Kennen, the 12th most popular ban with 21 bans, who in the 11 games they did actually play only managed 2 wins. Even the most banned champion, Elise, only has a 50% win success when it was available to be picked. Put simply, the ban system is put in to add a greater strategic element to the game. It forces teams to be massively strategic and to adapt on the fly in a short time window but has very little to do with banning out overpowered or badly balanced champions.

As I said, it's not perfect and tweaks here and there go on weekly to buff some champion and nerf others. To be honest though the fact they tweak weekly and the fact that, on the whole, the vast majority of the tweaks are very minor says a lot about how good a state the game is in.

Drawing this back to AoC - to make PVP work, they need to lose this notion that every class can be balanced against every other class. I also wish they'd split PVP and PVE stats apart completely. You can't balance both using the same mechanisms as the requirements for each are vastly different. You need different healing/tanking/DPS mechanisms for both. Only then can you even think about balancing.

Buff
    Last edited by Buffarse; 20th May 2013 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffarse View Post
    Drawing this back to AoC - to make PVP work, they need to lose this notion that every class can be balanced against every other class. I also wish they'd split PVP and PVE stats apart completely. You can't balance both using the same mechanisms as the requirements for each are vastly different. You need different healing/tanking/DPS mechanisms for both. Only then can you even think about balancing.

Buff
    HEya Buff my hero .
    i would like to remind people here that at the beginning the pvp was not at all balanced, and aoc was voluntarily design for that.
    but then pvp people whinned about it, so fc had to changed a lot of things. Sadly a lot of tweaks on classes are from pvpers complaining in forums ( like: i can't bother learn to play, but that sin was able to kill me when i was half-afk. nerf sins! )
    ( troll mode off ). i wish like buff that they could separate pvp and pve stats or mechanism.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234