Thread: Stuck in Nighttime Tortage

Exclamation Stuck in Nighttime Tortage

Character is stuck on the doorstep of the Thirsty dog in final Night quest to kill Strom.

Cannot jump, hide, crouch(can't crouch anyway), or otherwise unstick the character.

Cannot log out and back in to fix.

Tavern is inaccessible. Can't just go back inside.

Have typed /stuck in game 3 times - No response.

Have reinstalled game between 1st attempt and second two attempts to request help. Accidentally, through Steam.

Still stuck, no response. Total about 3-1/2 hours with my character completely unusable.

Path is also unavailable of course.

Character is Crommach, Set PvE.

Appreciate some help.

so... guessing I have to come back tomorrow to see if I can play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinX View Post
    so... guessing I have to come back tomorrow to see if I can play the game...
    what do you expect us to do? magically fix it for you?

put in a petition and get a GM to help you ...

Did Tortage so many times, never had this issue. You get stuck in doorways often on raids (when people zone right next to the door), but you can just click on the door and zone back.

It seems you have a more serious issue, so either put a petition (and wait some time) or just start a new char - it may be even faster that way

Have you tried using Path of Asura? And also please use /Petition to get ingame help from a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aghora View Post
    Have you tried using Path of Asura? And also please use /Petition to get ingame help from a GM.
    he said that he cannot use PoA, and it cannot be used in final tortage mission anyway

But, Kelvin

contact GM and they might set you free, but prepare to wait for hours for their contact

As mentioned, Path and Crouch are unavailable in Night time Tortage, and I have used /stuck and /petition

Given the Support hours and the time I waited last night, I figured I'd wait until today and see if I had better luck. I'm assuming I have to be online for them to unstick me, so hours is kind of unpleasant when you are standing on a doorstep waiting for a GM.

edit: apparently I also cannot just leave the game until a GM shows up either, as I get disconnected after 5 min for being idle.

As for starting over: I have a level 11 and a 16, (neither of which I'm particularly interested in continuing play on atm), and this character which I've leveled through Tortage to 22, (doing all quests I've found), and I'm absolutely sick of that little Island and all it has to offer.

In short, that's not very likely. Maybe the server merge will relocate the character and I can collect offline levels till then...
    Last edited by KelvinX; 15th May 2013 at 19:14.

I've gotten stuck on those steps outside the Inn, though I was able to click the door to go back inside. Is the door not in range for you somehow? I know sometimes the gear doesn't show up unless the camera is in the right position, especially if you are stuck.

Sounds like your only option will be to petition and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I've gotten stuck on those steps outside the Inn, though I was able to click the door to go back inside. Is the door not in range for you somehow? I know sometimes the gear doesn't show up unless the camera is in the right position, especially if you are stuck.

Sounds like your only option will be to petition and wait.
    The sign is registering as the door, (just noticed this 10 minutes ago), but I am out of range to use it. I thought the door was simply made inaccessible by the quest before I saw that.

Doesn't matter now; deleted all characters

Since you've resolved the issue I'll close this thread.

Thread closed
    Closed
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.