Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

Around 105-120, havent played any minis or hardmodes yet but seems stable to me.
    Last edited by magnum92; 14th May 2013 at 00:16.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

From 40-60 before up to 90-160ms now, Austria EU and crashes every few minutes. Nice one dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Yiing View Post
    Dont panic about ping yet. Give them some time to tweak it. I played on EU from us and my ping was high, bout 250ish and I didnt have much trouble ingame.

They just moved the servers, so please, give them some time before you rage quit.

This merger will be great for all servers.

And once more, I played on fury w/ a high ping with no trouble.
    TBH mate, no matter how good the tech is, ironing out the bugs, you cant change the laws of physics. Ping will be whatever it is the distance from server. Plus if you PVP with 250 it will be hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    Plus if you PVP with 250 it will be hopeless.
    Why is this? Plenty of people PvP with ping higher than that.

Just did a super fast full clear of Atzel, totally smooth latency 130-140, no lagspikes at all. same for whole group

ps. Was playing melee char.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    TBH mate, no matter how good the tech is, ironing out the bugs, you cant change the laws of physics. Ping will be whatever it is the distance from server. Plus if you PVP with 250 it will be hopeless.
    Not fully true, my ping on EU server was sometimes 250 and above and it ran smooth in minis for me.

I had to adjust settings and what not, but I had no trouble other than every now and again, my spell animation would lag - however the damage would hit the target as was supposed to.

I honestly think the ping will be a minor issue. And I do think they will get it a little better after working it out. I know ping will be ping due to distance, but I am thinking since this is the first day of the move that some of the ping / lag is due to just that.

My latency has gone up from 50-80 too 120-150, Im playing from Norway. But guys remember the game has just gotten up again, Im sure they are going fix our issues and make the game more playable. I couldt join any mini games to see how pvp is but I did some testing with my brother, running around in northern grasslands. It was kind of wild so I decided to upload it, after watching that stuff... If pvp is nearly as bad as this then Im done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Why is this? Plenty of people PvP with ping higher than that.
    why are all the optimists when it comes to playability with high ping in USA
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 14th May 2013 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    why are all the optimists when it comes to playability with high ping in USA
    Don't assume; I play on a US server, but I do not live in the USA. I have never had a low-ping environment, so I am used to playing with non-trivial ping. It's not the end of the world. Anything up to about 300-350ms is manageable IMO.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast