Thread: After merge will the same names forced too get a new name ?

Default After merge will the same names forced too get a new name ?

Will ppl with the same names be forced too get a new name again for theyre characters , or will ppl from us get a US tag before it and same as EU ?? would be nice to keep youre current names in some way

That is a good idea. Not sure if its possible or if they have even though of the huge issue this may cause yet.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drago View Post
    Will ppl with the same names be forced too get a new name again for theyre characters , or will ppl from us get a US tag before it and same as EU ?? would be nice to keep youre current names in some way
    It will be handled the way it is always handled with merges.

I don't have the process with me (not at work) but you can see how it was handled in the old merges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

I don't have the process with me (not at work) but you can see how it was handled in the old merges.
    So probably the character that has the name standing for the longest will get priority and the second one will get (insert toon's name)14589 or something like that.

Basically the second character will have to change the name or inform a GM when the original name is taken by a dead account (which is possible for sure). Some GM's might be helpfull in such cases.

Have experienced 3 merges before and know this was common afterwards. So to be blunt: naming your toon an original name from the start might prevent you from having to make up a new one after the merges
    Being a barbarian is a tough profession. You cut heads, drink loads of beer and eat piles of meat ........... and then when you come home you got to keep the wife happy as well (*sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

How about finally getting rid of all frikking names with cyrillic letters? It's probably the most annoying thing there is and this would be the best oppertunity to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock1863 View Post
    So probably the character that has the name standing for the longest will get priority and the second one will get (insert toon's name)14589 or something like that. ..
    Sadly it doesn't work like that.

One with the longest paid sub gets to keep the name regardless of any age of the toon.

I lost Indica to a HoX on a year sub (Tiger sub, which I didn't want) who was inactive for 6 months at that point (YG worked back then), as I was on a 3 month rolling sub (after a year deal).

Lets say I was not best pleased. Moral of the story: If you wan't to make sure you keep your name, buy a year sub.

Actually considering getting a year, making a toon on different server just to kick Indica off the name, and then pay to rename my BS back to Indica. Will never forgive FC for that name
    Last edited by Invino; 12th May 2013 at 23:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Actually considering getting a year, making a toon on different server just to kick Indica off the name, and then pay to rename my BS back to Indica. Will never forgive FC for that name
    I have used this trick on previous merges to get my hands on some character names I wanted.

I have put my subscription back on 12 months now, so I'm ready for the merge.

One thing to notice is that if the two character have the same name and level, and are on 12 month subscription, will the character that was logged on most recently keep it's name. So remember to log on all chars just before the merge.
    Last edited by Caust999; 13th May 2013 at 00:45.

What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?

This depends on the following conditions and rules:

• Is the character on an active account?
    • If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep their name.
    • If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    • If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
    • The other(s) will be prompted with a message at the first attempt to log in with that character stating that a new name must be given to this character.

It basically goes down the line. If the other name is on an inactive account, The process stops there and you keep your name..If not, It continues on..
    Last edited by Marshall-Zek; 13th May 2013 at 02:35.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock1863 View Post
    So probably the character that has the name standing for the longest will get priority and the second one will get (insert toon's name)14589 or something like that.

Basically the second character will have to change the name or inform a GM when the original name is taken by a dead account (which is possible for sure). Some GM's might be helpfull in such cases.

Have experienced 3 merges before and know this was common afterwards. So to be blunt: naming your toon an original name from the start might prevent you from having to make up a new one after the merges
    I hope so!
    They can feel free to change my name Jovanaa to XWSHD86434 so i can poke GM and finally change name for free to Jovana since that name is taken by ''dead'' account anyway ^^