Thread: Can't see character select, feat tree, or item shop

Default Can't see character select, feat tree, or item shop

As the title says, I've re-installed AoC on my wife's laptop. All went good and is smooth except for those three things.
    On character select, I can see where it says "name" and "sort by:" but the box below that is empty.
    After clicking on a random space within the box, I loaded the game to see if it would run or not. Got in game and everything is golden. However, when I click on item store and feat tree, I see nothing. Journal, stats, and character/inventory screen are all available and working properly.
    It is the default UI. We have also uninstalled and re-installed as well. I have checked these and the archived forums with no luck. Any help you guys can give us would be fantastic.
    Thanks and take care.

You have UI problems

This problem was common some years ago when they changed some UI code.

But, try install fresh GUI, maybe it fixes it

It sounds like you are having trouble with the flash components of the UI. You could try making sure flash is up to date on your computer, it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It sounds like you are having trouble with the flash components of the UI. You could try making sure flash is up to date on your computer, it might help.
    exactly what i was thinking, the item store and feat tree are "pure" FLASH stuff compared to the rest of the menus (stats, inventory, abilities), its likely the problem comes from something about the flash