Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: truth,not troll. us and eu together?

hah the risky shift phenomenon at it's finest within project management.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    Good ****, and free transfers? If so I'll be heading back to a PVP server for sure.
    I forgot about the free transfers, thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by ygtturna View Post
    I hope not to see ping related problems after server transfer to US. It is a risky movement. Most of eu pvp players can leave The Game if they have +150ms. A New mmorpg is coming few months later (i wont give its name but most of u know probably) and if funcom fails about Connection issue, most of eu players will leave aoc..

I pinged random North Carolina sites, and there were over 250ms. I hope that it will be better with Funcom. It is impossible to PvP effectively with that.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    I'll go back to a PvP server. I think a merge is just the nudge most of the PvPers are waiting for to get back into some world PvP. NOTHING was more fun than world brawls and skirmishes.
    Truth.

I'm against guards being there though.

I think being able to choose PvE, epic or B&G rule-set is the way to go.

Guards killed world pvp for a lot of people. Most of the reason they are there are because a few players felt frustrated they couldn't quest when they wanted to. If we're allowed to simply zone out and then zone back into a PvE instance - problem solved! And those of us who WANT to PvP can without having to worry about guards.

PvPing in cities is MUCH more fun than out in the open world. We get to know so many little areas, strategize how to take over the town one section at a time, etc.

Also, it erases the annoying aspect of those pesky trolls that don't want to PvP at all but rather lure/trick people into dying via guards.

TLDR: Guards are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by freneticfangs View Post
    Truth.

I'm against guards being there though.

I think being able to choose PvE, epic or B&G rule-set is the way to go.

Guards killed world pvp for a lot of people. Most of the reason they are there are because a few players felt frustrated they couldn't quest when they wanted to. If we're allowed to simply zone out and then zone back into a PvE instance - problem solved! And those of us who WANT to PvP can without having to worry about guards.

PvPing in cities is MUCH more fun than out in the open world. We get to know so many little areas, strategize how to take over the town one section at a time, etc.

Also, it erases the annoying aspect of those pesky trolls that don't want to PvP at all but rather lure/trick people into dying via guards.

TLDR: Guards are awful.
    PVP server is gor PVP players. If you don't enjoy some pvp to mix up your questing (which is boring as hell) then you belong on a PVE server... Nuff said.

This "black and white" attitude (which itself is not completely invalid) combined with funcoms "free for all open pvp" (which in reality was a onesided favour to abusive gameplay) has been a major flaw in funcoms pvp server designs from the start and is one big factor, why pvp servers are not as populated as they could be.

This issue has been proven by time and arguing a lot of times in the past.

Not eyploitable npc guards, but some protection for "busy" people (talking to npcs, afk, under loading screen, caught logging off etc.), freedom to flag yourself or choose pvp or pve instances as well as consequences of actions in open world pvp (positive and negative) is the way to go.

You might be surprised how many people on pve servers would enjoy a little (more or less) thrill while questing or more pvp practice (and would actually be good at it too). The concept of "the pvper" is a misleading and false concept as well.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th May 2013 at 12:52.

Combining the servers is soooooo great not even for pvp but for pve too!!!

I was wandering, though, that sill some months ago said that its impossible to combine eu and us servers and now we are waiting this in just couple of months.
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...date_july_2012
    Last edited by jenyu; 13th May 2013 at 12:59.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    Combining the servers is soooooo great not even for pvp but for pve too!!!

I was wandering, though, that sill some months ago said that its impossible to combine eu and us servers and now we are waiting this in just couple of months.
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...date_july_2012
    "It is important to again note that the single server technology will not be able to unite the US and EU dimensions" - CM

This was a big fat lie then

If they offer "single-server" which allows players in both PVE and PVP to enter raids/instances/minis together, then I would definitely prefer to return to a server with open world PVP (if and when I have time to play). The move to PVE was strictly a population thing. We wanted to raid and open world PVP on Tyranny was non-existent at the time (apart from Ragnarx's AFK ganks in Pin Pin ). Of course, the issues around guild cities and all the rest would need to be resolved, but I doubt FC would help with that.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

nope its not a lie, it was not possible to unite eu and us servers with single server tech, it becomes possible now by eliminating the eu servers (they are not technically moving anywhere..just a few more us servers are created with the data of eu servers) and then they are all in 1 physical location thus able to communicate with each other...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast