Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the unified PvP server have guards?

Question Will the unified PvP server have guards?

"Server Merge: This summer our servers with the same rulesets are merging to create one big PvE server and one big PvP server."

Will we no longer have access to world pvp without guards? Or will the PvP server consist of B&G ruleset?

They said merging 'like' serbers, PvE, PvP, B&G with either a tweak or possibly a merger. It's in the newsletter.

In addition, during the patch cycle which includes the Unchained updates, we will also make some changes to the guards in world PvP, to facilitate better battles in the open world.

From April game director's letter
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

The are deciding if the B&G ruleset should go on. These servers while apealing for a while are really a waste. They split the PvP population for one, and lack of community and population keep you from doing most of the content that's offered.

Also, the fact you can only have one character at a time is what really keeps these servers down.

If they do the Unchained mini like GW2, then it would take all the people doing them at one time to a central hub where you can tweak your gear, abilities, and whatever. It would make more sense to have zones work the same way...so you would have normal, epic, and unchained. Make the unchained option increase PvP exp for kills and take away the guards. Then people can choose what kind of PvP experience they want without dividing it b/t servers, although you would still be splitting it b/t instances. However, it's better that way as when people see regular PvP zone or unchained zone empty they can swap to the populated one rather of having no option.
    Doomsayer 2008

They need to have ONE server with multiple instances. If you want open world PVP, then you stand on the res pad and choose the PVP instance of that zone, or you can also choose it when you zone in.

Problem edited by Grizzly solved.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 03:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The are deciding if the B&G ruleset should go on. These servers while apealing for a while are really a waste. They split the PvP population for one, and lack of community and population keep you from doing most of the content that's offered.

Also, the fact you can only have one character at a time is what really keeps these servers down.

If they do the Unchained mini like GW2, then it would take all the people doing them at one time to a central hub where you can tweak your gear, abilities, and whatever. It would make more sense to have zones work the same way...so you would have normal, epic, and unchained. Make the unchained option increase PvP exp for kills and take away the guards. Then people can choose what kind of PvP experience they want without dividing it b/t servers, although you would still be splitting it b/t instances. However, it's better that way as when people see regular PvP zone or unchained zone empty they can swap to the populated one rather of having no option.
    Unchained world zones... I have thought about that, and I don't know what the consequences would be. How would PvE be effected in that zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Unchained world zones... I have thought about that, and I don't know what the consequences would be. How would PvE be effected in that zone?
    500% xp gain

500% pvp xp gain

better drop rate for more or less everything

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    They need to have ONE server with multiple instances. If you want open world PVP, then you stand on the res pad and choose the PVP instance of that zone, or you can also choose it when you zone in.

Problem edited by Grizzly solved.
    This has been asserted hundreds of times for years. At one time I thought it was a good idea. Now I'm not so sure. There would be no reason to go there. Not if you were trying to accomplish anything on the PvE side. Now if there was an incentive, like increased exp or some kind of reward, then maybe more people would do it. For instance maybe PvP tokens/exp have a chance to drop for killing anything in the zone. If not, I don't see anyone but the same highly geared PvPers waiting at the zone entrance for fresh meat to enter. Which would be fun for a while, but eventually would die out.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    500% xp gain

500% pvp xp gain

better drop rate for more or less everything
    What I mean is, how would the zone be balanced vs players in full PvP gear/AAs?

I see some interesting points being raised here but it's not relating to the topic. I believe that the questions have already been answered here as well as they can be based on the information that has been circulated via the newsletters and public announcements so I'm closing this one down.

Thread closed
    Closed
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast