Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ell of Torment

Default Ell of Torment

Hi ToS's, what DPS advantage does Ell of Torment have when compared to t3 pizza cutter and other t4 weapons ? I have one crafted but I can't convince myself to slot it. I'm currently using 2 pizza's as weapons. The gems for the Ell seem to be nothing special except maybe the Bel Mirth. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydenz View Post
    Hi ToS's, what DPS advantage does Ell of Torment have when compared to t3 pizza cutter and other t4 weapons ? I have one crafted but I can't convince myself to slot it. I'm currently using 2 pizza's as weapons. The gems for the Ell seem to be nothing special except maybe the Bel Mirth. Am I missing something? Thanks.
    Well i don't play tos myself, but ell has blue, yellow and white gems slots, so not really, bel's mirth is not the only useful gem, you can put crit rating game in the white slot or prot gem, bel's mirth, magic damage or prot game in the blue slot and magic damage gem in the yellow slot. So with the crit gem ell will have over 100 crit rating, with prot gems it will have almost 500 prot and with the magic damage it will have 73 magic damage, so it's really useful, at least for pvp =D

Ell (with gems) is better than pizza cutter, and arguably best for PvP. T4 is best for PvE. Stats below. If using Ell make sure you have some other way to get to ~15% hit rating for T4. Unless I'm mistaken Bel's Mirth does not work for casters.

Ell (w/o gems): http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....IAJXUEcA%3D%3D
    +27 Magic Damage
    +34 Evade Rating
    +56 Critical Rating
    +16 Hate Decrease Rating
    +16 Immunity Rating
    +56 Fatality Rating
    +67 Critical Damage Rating
    +150 Protection
    +27 Magic Mana Tap Rating

Tome of Black Gale: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....uxsrQ0BwAhMQRR
    +184 Health
    +204 Mana
    +46 Stamina
    +4.76 Natural Mana Regen
    +1.15 Natural Stamina Regen
    +3.45 OOC Health Regen
    +3.45 OOC Stamina Regen
    +25.84 OOC Mana Regen
    +67.8 Magic Damage
    +50 Hit Rating
    +54 Critical Rating
    +65 Critical Damage Rating
    +34 Holy/Unholy Protection
    +30 Magic Life Tap Rating
    +33 Casting Concentration Skill

Razor of the Divinity Serpent: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....cAJXkEcw%3D%3D
    +204 Mana
    +12.76 Natural Mana Regen
    +25.84 OOC Mana Regen
    +295 Heal Rating
    +85.8 Magic Damage
    +62 Hit Rating
    +61 Critical Rating
    +36 Hate Decrease Rating
    +70 Critical Damage Rating
    +34 Holy/Unholy Protection
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

To be honest, Ell is really only good for PvP now, given the fact that so many guilds have t4 on farm etc.

Ell of Torment with a Waning Boundary shield might be the best survivability setup a ToS/PoM can have in PvP.

Its 5 more magic damage with Ell and pizza combo, over 2 pizzas. Its great for pvp, but mostly pair the Ell with the Sepulcher Tali and stack prot for Entity.

Bels only procs from Melee hits btw.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

For the blue slot two possibilities are Moonstone of Occult Inspiration or Cabochon Azurite.

Thanks for input - Not really got into PvP on my ToS. Well damn, what to do what to do... IF Bels only procs from Melee hits then its even more usless then I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydenz View Post
    Thanks for input - Not really got into PvP on my ToS. Well damn, what to do what to do... IF Bels only procs from Melee hits then its even more usless then I thought.
    If you have a demo or necro alt, use it for one of them.

Or sell it for gold.

ToS' really don't benefit all that much from an Ell, most useful for a PoM but would work great for Necro/Demo.

These days I'd probably suggest selling it off since the T3 crafted aren't all that amazing anymore, though the dagger is still pretty amazing regardless of that fact.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

for pve: max dps (and hate decrease) is achieved by using t4 dagger and tali.

for pvp: i use demo t3 tali (highest con tali with good dps) and soldier pvp 10 shield, when the opposite group is weak i use priest pvp 10 shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast