Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EASY PVP Solution That Will Appeal To Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    I dont get you guys or you dont get me :P

I expressed my opinion about normal and unchained minigame rewards, not about the big issue of gap between players.

I'll most probably will play only Unchained versions of minigames when it comes out and I dont see the point of token rewards for it cos it'll be the same gear/AA I'll have in the next Unchained minigame. I also support the idea of Unchained pvp everywhere.

So I dont support the idea of gaining tokens via Unchained minigames and buying gear/whatever with them for normal pvp.
    whoa there mate, theres more than just minis to aoc

open world>minis, gearing up will still be inevitable unless they come up with an unchained instance

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I see no reason why all poeple would move to unchained minis.
    For sure unchained minis will be dead like premade mode FROM START.
    Last edited by Radek87; 13th May 2013 at 22:05.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    For sure unchained minis will be died like premade mode FROM START.
    well, same as b&g

if they dont take the time to plan things well their investments will be a waste

i.e. getting the stats out is a must

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post

open world>minis
    I wish and you too.

I like open world pvp better than minigames also but if 1 player seeking fight in open world there are 30 others playing minigames. Unchained pvp everywhere + single server + pvp factions etc. then maybe open world pvp can shine.

For sure unchained minis will be died like premade mode FROM START.
    I don't believe so. There's plenty of people who have a gear disadvantage but would probably engage in PvP if it were gone.

That's not to say that those people are suddenly going to beat the ***t out of current pro PvPers. Bogus is very likely right that those who rule PvP now are going to continue to rule. But that's not the point at all. The point is to broaden the base of players who engage in PvP, and in order to do that, Unchained minis are the right move.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

For sure unchained minis will be dead like premade mode FROM START.
    See I disagree with this. I predict that Unchained will become the popular format because it will make it so all those PVEers who want to PVP, but don't want to invest months into gathering campaign badges on their toons will be capable of signing up on their toons and have all the gear. Will they get destroyed all the same? Absolutely, but at least they will feel more competitive due to the gear gap being bridged. Plus the added appeal of many PVPers who will be capable of trying PVP on different classes, that they would never have bothered PVPing on prior to, simply because of the large investment it takes to getting a character fully geared for PVP.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the Unchained idea on any level. But better to have Funcom provide us with a situation where both minis pop and continue to pop, rather then simply 1 of them dying out. Whether it be regular minis or unchained, one is going to not pop. I know this because 4 years ago when PVP 5 was the cap and there weren't any campaign badges, no one ever signed up for anything other then Totem Torrent and Hallowed Vaults. It took the introduction of campaign badges for players to start signing up for other minis. So that right there tells me that our player base on the whole is based largely on the concept of "If I don't benefit from doing it in some way, then I'm not going to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I see no reason why all poeple would move to unchained minis.

If unchaied mini will give unnatural chains to players (and there are many places when whole balancing idea may fail badly) why those who already have pvp levels, AAs, maybe t4 gear or just don't care if thier gear is worse would move fully to unchained? They can stay as they are, doing what they used to. With raiding unchained minis now and then to show to all QQ'ers that gear isn't most gamebreaking part of pvp in aoc. And those who can play will still will rule out, when those who cannot stay whinners accusing everyone better of cheating.
    Nobody said all would move to unchained minis.

Ppl will have a choice to play unchained or go on what were they doing but surely there'll be less players for normal minigames.

Ppl who rule atm can rule in unchained and ppl who plays bad could still be bad. The only whiners wont be the bad players but the ppl who have it all already and likes the grinded gear/AA gap since they are on the other end of the gap, will also.

Gear/AA gap may or may not be the most gamebreaking part of pvp but it's certainly have an effect on it; when it's gone things will be much more clear, at least in unchained.
    Last edited by SlightlyMad; 13th May 2013 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    I know this because 4 years ago when PVP 5 was the cap and there weren't any campaign badges, no one ever signed up for anything other then Totem Torrent and Hallowed Vaults. It took the introduction of campaign badges for players to start signing up for other minis. So that right there tells me that our player base on the whole is based largely on the concept of "If I don't benefit from doing it in some way, then I'm not going to do it."
    Well in that example ppl didnt get anything from HV and TT also. It could also tell you that most ppl likes those maps better.

I hate JS atm but I play it for the last resort; If there isnt sign ups for another minigame, or I need tokens badly etc.

So is it better to be forced to play in a map rather than play in a map you like the most?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12