Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unchained PvP Everywhere will bring AOC back from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by vividrsxy View Post
    Yeah, I bet you're right. In fact I'd be willing to bet that 1,000 big guilds are reading this forum right now and just waiting for that one change that will bring AoC back to its former glory. I bet there are 1,000 big guilds playing SWTOR, GW2, and Hello Kitty and they're all keeping up to date with this old MMO we all know and love despite its many many problems.
    You would been text edited by Grizzly surprised over how many people still talk about AoC as one of the best MMO created for PvP.. And how many people are still looking at the forums ect...

But that was also a saying for you dumb people that couldn't understand what I really meant. I don't mean 1000 guilds when I write it down, its just a saying that means that a lot LOT of people will come back, but hell people cant read between the line.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    You would been ****ing surprised over how many people still talk about AoC as one of the best MMO created for PvP.. And how many people are still looking at the forums ect...

But that was also a saying for you dumb people that couldn't understand what I really meant. I don't mean 1000 guilds when I write it down, its just a saying that means that a lot LOT of people will come back, but hell people cant read between the line.
    So how many people are reading this? Surprise us. You seem to know more than anyone else, which is why these forums usually turn to flaming, mods coming in and deleting posts, and funcom taking incorrect actions.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    So how many people are reading this? Surprise us. You seem to know more than anyone else, which is why these forums usually turn to flaming, mods coming in and deleting posts, and funcom taking incorrect actions.
    Nusquam already stated that only a small percentage of players actually visist the forums.

Seeing that most of the posts come from the same 50 people I believe him to be correct.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Nusquam already stated that only a small percentage of players actually visist the forums.

Seeing that most of the posts come from the same 50 people I believe him to be correct.
    That's almost the same amount of people who currently play the game.

Well by vising the forums doesn't mean that the players come and log inn and comment. No they don't bother with that. They come, read whats new and piss of since there nothing new to the game yet.

Hell, there is already players that I know saying they come back to the game with that Unchained mini-games (like it is in Gw2)
    Because lets be honest, which other game can give you the same feeling as AoC does in PvP? And if they do the right changes to pvP then you would be text edited by Grizzly surprised!

And fyi I don't play the game, haven't since start of 2012 but I sill visiting and waiting for the right change.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    A huge portion of the original subscriber base came to AOC because it was advertised as being more skill based when it comes to PvP. The combat system was made to cater to the skilled player over the player who had better item stats.
    That ship has sailed. It might come back though, unchained pvp sounds like a good start. The stat inflation is also affecting pve as well, continuously trivializing old content, but most players are too fixated on their new shiny pixels to care.

But no matter what actually happens in game, AoC will never ever "come back from the shadows". It's far too late for it to be anything but a niche game with dedicated fans. Only thing that could possibly change that is millions of money spent on advertising and that'll never happen.

Also I didn't read anything else in this thread because I just know it's full of pointless bickering.
    editing in: I just noticed this gem above
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    And fyi I don't play the game, haven't since start of 2012 but I sill visiting and waiting for the right change.
    "When the stars are aligned, I shall rise from the depths of the internet to grace your game with my presence; until then I'll post on your forums explaining how bad your game is and how you could fix it by only doing what I tell you."
    Last edited by cins; 10th May 2013 at 10:17.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    "When the stars are aligned, I shall rise from the depths of the internet to grace your game with my presence; until then I'll post on your forums explaining how bad your game is and how you could fix it by only doing what I tell you."
    I had to LOL at this. How many times have we heard this. People posting about how the game should be designed and how bad it is, yet they don't even play. This is where funcoms job is double hard. They have to weed through phantom posters who have no idea what they are talking about with no experience toward the actual game. Perhaps Funcom can build in a feature that will check the forum account against the in game account and if they haven't logged in in 3 months, put a unique identifier toward their forum name in posts. Comments should be considered, but taken at a lighter weight.

I stick with my opinion that Funcom should stop putting resources in to this game, and make version 2. They have learned from their mistakes and now its time to relaunch. This would bring back old players more so than a patch IMO. Keep some of the classes, and add a few new ones like a relaunch of street fighter. Keep the guard, Conq, BS, TOS, Sin, Ranger, Necro and Demo and bring in new classes like the MONK (with action karate moves like Chuck Norris), WIZARD (what the TOS was at launch), and a LABORER (Who builds houses and buildings for a living with no royalty connections but is somehow drug in to the mix of the King).

Start out with set and tyranny like servers. No RP servers, no B&G servers. Let these guilds flourish in the land with other guilds, having their own unique identity and adding charisma to the server they are on. Guards at every zone in, but on tyranny, the guards only respond if attacked while zoning. Otherwise they don't move, EVER. And this option of playing pve or pvp is ok, I would prefer any one on a tyranny server be open to kill, whithout them running and hiding. But if it is what the masses want, do it.

Build UNIQUE story lines for each archtype so the replay value is there.

Have different objectives in minis, such as King of the hill, last man standing, Team Deathmatch as well as those we have today.

Add more stats to the game such as saves, kills, deaths, and others found in the stat tools used in raids today. Build it in so people don't have to download and add it later.

Introduce the new crafting system there.

Make purple world drops again. Miss the rare chance to get something worthwhile.

When creating new instances later in the game, offer better equipment to make it worthwhile, or unique items, like the otherworldly flute.

Do more soundovers!

Let the game as world progression in raiding grows. I know this is hard, but while you progress raiding, progress PVP.

Have PVP goals, weekly, monthly, and career. Such as kill 100 monks, get 100 fatalities, and etc. Link this to a profile on the web site.

None of this above is my idea, just stolen from other posts I have read over the years. There was some good stuff there that could make for an incredible game. YOu have the engine already, time to use it IMO.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 10th May 2013 at 11:14.

I stick with my opinion that Funcom should stop putting resources in to this game, and make version 2.
    AoC 2 is a nice idea, but Funcom is in no position to pull off a product of this scope. So we are stuck with smaller changes to the existing game. If done right, these might help growing the population a bit, but certainly not anywhere close to the player numbers which the game had after launch.

So you can't really argue with the OP's suggestions by stating that Funcom should instead do AoC 2.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    AoC 2 is a nice idea, but Funcom is in no position to pull off a product of this scope. So we are stuck with smaller changes to the existing game. If done right, these might help growing the population a bit, but certainly not anywhere close to the player numbers which the game had after launch.

So you can't really argue with the OP's suggestions by stating that Funcom should instead do AoC 2.
    I can argue? I am not arguing, I said in my opinion. YOu can project your actions... How is that?

Also, what makes you so sure funcom cant? You sound like you know all about the company, its financial situation, management and their thoughts about the future. Please explain why you think so. And please, no one help him/her, lets see how this comes out.

I can argue? I am not arguing, I said in my opinion. YOu can project your actions... How is that?

Also, what makes you so sure funcom cant? You sound like you know all about the company, its financial situation, management and their thoughts about the future. Please explain why you think so. And please, no one help him/her, lets see how this comes out.
    Sorry if I mistook your post as arguing in favour of something else than what the OP asked for. I'm wondering though, if it has nothing whatsoever with the topic of this thread, why did you post it here?

As to Funcom's financial situation, the only help I need is a look at Funcom's annual reports. And if you don't think that a company which

* has had negative operating results for years
    * had an operating loss of more than double of its revenues in the last year
    * did not manage to expand its revenues much beyond 2010 levels in 2012 even though it did release a major MMO (TSW) in that year

may have trouble to finance a major title like AoC 2, then I don't know which world you are living in.

In any case, this thread has derailed enough, so if you want to continue to discuss the feasibility of AoC 2, there's an off topic channel for that.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast