Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unchained PvP Everywhere will bring AOC back from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    Technically you should get better gear the poorer stats you earn to keep the games competetive :P and worse gear the more you win.

Then the compettion could be who can kill pvp 10s naked, which is what pro guys really wanna do
    Sadly but there are some pvp 10 that can be killed naked
    I have all the pvp gear that is needed on conq, hox and barb and also have 2 more pretty good geared chars and i couldnt care less about gear advantage i have.
    I want to play pvp with every single char in game, there is simply no time to geared them all up and honestly im sick of that.
    Some people say grind your teeth and stick with it till you are pvp 6-7 or 8 to get weapon. You will die at first but that is way to learn.
    I think good player learn much faster than grinding 6-7 pvp lvls. After mini or two you are good to go. Not saying you will know class inside out but you can do good from start and learn it more deeply in walk.
    IMO people that oppose this most are those that focus poorly geared players in minis as free kill. Face it now it will be harder for you, even if you all go play rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Instead of PvP specific items with stats, offer Vanity armors, ranks/titles, consumables ,access to special mounts, emotes... ANYTHING but actual power from gear.
    this is real important to me. if you remove gear progression from pvp you HAVE TO implement a robust vanity type of rewards system. I want in depth and I want it to have many layers and intricacies.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Lets just say if they apply these changes then I know more then 1000 big guilds that will come back to AoC and sub to the game again.

IDK i liked the idea of a worldpvp toggle so people can choose to pvp or not IDK give it a 10 minute CD between toggle or something

Also, allow vanity in minigames

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    Lets just say if they apply these changes then I know more then 1000 big guilds that will come back to AoC and sub to the game again.
    I will bet you $1000 that 1000 guilds wont return. Even if you were 50% right, I will side bet you they wont stay past 60 days.

Lol at 1000 big guilds returning to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    Yeah, I bet you're right. In fact I'd be willing to bet that 1,000 big guilds are reading this forum right now and just waiting for that one change that will bring AoC back to its former glory. I bet there are 1,000 big guilds playing SWTOR, GW2, and Hello Kitty and they're all keeping up to date with this old MMO we all know and love despite its many many problems.

In all seriousness, I agree that taking the gear/aa gap out of pvp would make it much more competitive, but that it would only work if they put in place a titles, ranking, and/or vanity system along with it. That said, I kind of doubt Funcom has the resources to make such a drastic change this late in the game. Not when they're spread thin across 3 MMOs, one of which is much newer and more likely to get the majority of a dev team's attention.
    ---------------------------
    Subii ~ Member

Rogue Angels
    Crom (PvE)
    [Website] | [YouTube]

---------------------------

Game is too far gone for any real renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishbone View Post
    Game is too far gone for any real renaissance.

The point of this thread is to bring attention to the fact that PvP adjustments/revamps are in FC best interest as well as the game as a whole. Some of the changes I've mentioned as well as many others from the community can be done with little resources/time when compared to PvE content. Again, the PvEr's have been catered to for the majority of the games history, and look where it is now. The facts are that the game's roots were in guild conflicts and PvP as a major part of endgame. Those roots are still in the game code.
    The fanbase is still out there, jumping from one game to another wishing for something close to what AOC was supposed to be, before it betrayed it's potential.

That potential is one of the major reasons so many of us still come back here to check on the game even years after canceling our subs. The potential is still there. All FC has to do is turn it back on. Steer this ship back toward skill based pvp with compelling Guild driven endgame. Unchained Mini's are a small step in the right direction, but I think with more effort and commitment, FC could bring this game back to a position of power in the MMO market.

The payoff is worth the perceived sacrifices. Put PvE on the back burner for a while. Focus on PvP for a few months and when it is done, the subs will start coming back. Then, with the increased revenue FC can resume working on PvE again. History proves that PVP was the bread and butter of this game, and since turning away from it, FC has suffered huge losses. Focusing on PvE has NOT improved the situation or increased the population. If FC has the games best interest at heart (as well as their shareholders) they should consider giving PvP some overdue love and polish. Hell, if they really need to, they can do a kick-starter campaign. Just say that they want to bring Hyborea back to it's brutal roots. It's more than worth a try at this point. They will loose less subs than if they stay the PvE course.

Edit: I guess a kick-starter is not an option.
    Last edited by Roargathor; 9th May 2013 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    The point of this thread is to bring attention to the fact that PvP adjustments/revamps are in FC best interest as well as the game as a whole. Some of the changes I've mentioned as well as many others from the community can be done with little resources/time when compared to PvE content. Again, the PvEr's have been catered to for the majority of the games history, and look where it is now. The facts are that the game's roots were in guild conflicts and PvP as a major part of endgame. Those roots are still in the game code.
    The fanbase is still out there, jumping from one game to another wishing for something close to what AOC was supposed to be, before it betrayed it's potential.

That potential is one of the major reasons so many of us still come back here to check on the game even years after canceling our subs. The potential is still there. All FC has to do is turn it back on. Steer this ship back toward skill based pvp with compelling Guild driven endgame. Unchained Mini's are a small step in the right direction, but I think with more effort and commitment, FC could bring this game back to a position of power in the MMO market.

The payoff is worth the perceived sacrifices. Put PvE on the back burner for a while. Focus on PvP for a few months and when it is done, the subs will start coming back. Then, with the increased revenue FC can resume working on PvE again. History proves that PVP was the bread and butter of this game, and since turning away from it, FC has suffered huge losses. Focusing on PvE has NOT improved the situation or increased the population. If FC has the games best interest at heart (as well as their shareholders) they should consider giving PvP some overdue love and polish. Hell, if they really need to, they can do a kick-starter campaign. Just say that they want to bring Hyborea back to it's brutal roots. It's more than worth a try at this point. They will loose less subs than if they stay the PvE course.
    totally agree

lets not forget there are more ppl that play mmos for pvp than pve

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast