Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of videos would be most successful?

The original trailer of AoC from back in 07 was pretty amazing. If there is a cool story-like videos made, then those being based of the stories in the game itself would be awesome too.

Or videos like the one's with Brian and necro...always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    No issues with copywright? Public domain?
    This isn't legal advice, but: Yes, I don't think any of REH's stuff has fallen out of copyright yet. (In fact, I haven't seen any official release of AoC's material either. But the fact that they had a machinina promotion a few years back would suggest you've got some tacit approval. Fan use of copyrighted material is a hot topic in U.S. copyright law. Whether it benefits the copyright owner or profits the fan is irrelevant in terms of whether it's an infringement or not. And if the copyright owner just lets fans use their assets without permission, it might constitute abandonment to the public domain for anyone to use.)

Again, not legal advice, but I suspect you wouldn't get sued by telling an REH story that's represented to some degree in AoC. And those are probably the ones you'd want to do anyway, so you could use the assets in the video. Also, a parody would be safe.
    Also, start a new thread and people can throw their support behind a particular story to kick off with?
    Yes, that's the next step. Off to research choices!
    I've done video editing before, and been part of the whole pre- and post-production side of things on smaller projects. Plenty of open source stuff out there too to record and compile. I was using CamStudio there for a wee bit to record my game footage. Seemed good enough despite being a desktop recorder, not a game recorder. There's a bunch of nice enough video editors out there although the decent freebies seem mostly on linux, until Lightworks is properly available.

Ah well, looks like Lightworks for Windows is actualyl free to use based on a yearly re-sub. For no cost. Not bad as they only ask for your email addy and country.
    Awesome info.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Funcom

I'd suggest Pool of the Black One as a fairly simple story that could be easily told with ingame assets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123