Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barb PvP AAs

Default Barb PvP AAs

I'm wondering what the best choice for the class specific AAs is, and also if there are any must-have AAs for barbs. Should I be speccing 1 gold AA or 2 silvers in the last bracket? Which are best for PvP? If anyone has tested these themselves and are willing to share results this noobie barb would greatly appreciate it =)

yhmmm - pretty much all aas are usefull in certain situations, for example at the gates is good burst suplier and can help kill quick - all it takes is sometimes must in mass pvp battles where you dont have much time for actions and when concetrated - the dps on you - you will die in few seconds - both aa combos are quite neat and espeically bone shatter which is highest dot and with proper feat spec it can aoe well, and stances 'boosters' are very nice too - if it come to pve or pvp also you ll have learn on your own when to what use efficiently, but i would advise atg for start with nice reaver br stance coop can give quit nice results since its not that dependant off gear to perform best. I hope this little insight will help you at least minimal - remeber mastering comes from experiencing all ways and learning every possible outcome

tools at hand is useless, get atg or wit at start and then feat without warning which you will be using with bone shatter or upheaval(dont invest more than 1 point in those combos now).

THE LIBERATION PERK IS A MUST HAVE AND FULL FEAT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

depending on your style of play you and then based on your experience, you will determine what AA perks to equip, and also depending a bit on the feats you use..

- for first rank perks its best you try out and see what you need, more damage? or more survival? then use the perks for it to check for any differences;
    - for second rank perks, if you get the liberation, you can then combine with the perk Avoid Entrapment (lower the times of root) or Tainted Weapons (i personally prefer entrapment) on pvp fights;
    - for third rank, try to get at least one point on UPHEAVAL and one on BONE SHATTER to at least open the combos an use them if you want, and one point for both the DETERMINATION and WITHOUT WARNING to use the abilities and try them out.. Once you have those 4 put AT THE GATES on timer training and then keep playing and add points to it when you can for faster training

another thing the perks for the several protections, increase damage, cooldown on combos, you should train them balanced, meaning you put one point here, then one point there, and so on, making them at least one rank each, then repeat the same to get them on rank 2, etc
    ignore those that give resistance to several CC at the beginning

i dont see a point in having determination for pvp, without warning is way better

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    i dont see a point in having determination for pvp, without warning is way better
    play reaver stance and you will know why

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    play reaver stance and you will know why
    reaver stance sux for pvp, but still as a reaver i would rather use without warning, so dont really understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    reaver stance sux for pvp, but still as a reaver i would rather use without warning, so dont really understand your point.
    Because each stack of reaver gives you more dps, determination will allow those stacks to stick around longer. I.e more dps without having to stay in the fight as long to stack up your stances.

without warning lets you to improve/refresh stack once every 5 sec, this is why it is much better , making determination useless.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    Because each stack of reaver gives you more dps, determination will allow those stacks to stick around longer. I.e more dps without having to stay in the fight as long to stack up your stances.
    meh reaver stance barb will die quicker than whatever more time determination would give and wont be able to see high stacks of reave stance much without "without warning"

determination can only be useful in few "paused" pve fights
    Last edited by SlightlyMad; 12th May 2013 at 22:51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast