Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSW gives bonus item store points: AOC also?

Red face

However, did I read correctly that Age of Conan gives 60 points a month to subscribers? Did they forget a zero there, or are they really only giving us 50 cents worth of points?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZer0 View Post
    However, did I read correctly that Age of Conan gives 60 points a month to subscribers? Did they forget a zero there, or are they really only giving us 50 cents worth of points?
    Yeah, no kidding. Even Planetside 2 gives 500 station cash per month to subscribers which is only five bucks. I thought that was bad until I got here and found it was 50 cents.

I'm paying a 15 dollar a month sub and you can't give me 15 dollars a month worth of monopoly money to spend in the digital-item "stuff that doesn't really exist" store?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I believe those 1200 Points are Bonus points that can only be spent in TSW, so don't bother if you are looking to get them to use in AOC.
    I confirm .

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZer0 View Post
    There's nothing to buy in the store anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    There's nothing to buy in the store anyway...
    They should really find some time (like one weekend) and have a look at their itemshop, because half (if not most) of the stuff is insanely overpriced and feels more like macrotransaction model instead of microtransaction one .. I mean who on Earth will buy an inventory upgrade for 30€ (!) per character, when you can have up to 18 characters.. making it a 540€ (!!!) of a microtransaction (without 10% discount for running sub). Hell, I can build a new PC with that money.

Or let´s have a look at companions, one pleasure priestess (of Derketo) costs 225 FCP (which is actually ok for a social pet that just looks pretty), but another pleasure priestess (of Morrigan) costs 675 FCP, another one (of Ishtar) 990 FCP and guess what, pleasure priestess of Yun is for 1890 FCP (yes, 15€ for a social pet that just looks pretty).. srsly FC,where´s the logic?! Same bullshiet in the section of mounts, where the slowest mounts (camels) are the most expensive ones.. I can agree with them being a bit more expensive, since they can´t be bought ingame (why?), but again, cca 15€ for a social mount (because no one will use them for actual riding) per character? Really?

Armor section, didn´t buy any of them yet, but got the cape from the last year anniversary which is on limited claim and can be claimed only once. Why is it not on unlimited claim like the drinking cape and other stuff? So I can claim it when I feel like I´m gonna wear it, delete it when I don´t wanna wear it anymore and claim it again, when I change my mind again. So till now, I´m yet to claim it because of limited inventory/bank space (that with the biggest ingame obtainable bags). So just a hint, make all those items (armor, weapons etc.) unlimited claim, if they´re not. Or/and add some social wardrobe (see GW2 and their structured PvP armor rack), whatever. Because no one will ever buy any stuff that he can´t store in his already full inventory.

And that I´m not just biatching around, I´m gonna close this rant with pointing at dungeon portals, where 18 FCP is really the microtransaction that players don´t hesitate to use on daily bases. Halelujah

Really, just look at the Steam sales, what about making daily/weekend/whatever deals (with a promotion on webpage/mail! not like the rest of the invisible AoC PR) with -50%/-75%/etc. discounts? You will see, that you´ll get more money from one discounted item during a weekend period than people payed for that item in the last 6 months or a year. Also I´ve been playing Tribes: Ascend for few months and I´ve spent more money on daily sales than in AoC itemshop since it´s been launched, so maybe think about your approach a bit.

Ah, and add an option to buy the soundtracks. Easiest. Money. Made. Ever.
    Last edited by Argantes; 9th May 2013 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Agreed. They would most likely make more money this way. For me, I would never buy anything from there unless I get some free points or whatever.
    But if the prices were sensible, I would be more reluctant to spend some money in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12