Thread: AoC 37gb ?

Default AoC 37gb ?

i realized, after looking at the installed files of the game, that it is 37gb big. AoC supposed to be something around 25 gb right? anyone knows why this happens?

also, i have win 8 (ew) and i was wondering if there are fps problems or other related stuff, so i can see if my notebook is running the game right. i have an intelcore i5, 6 gb ram, and an ATI 7670m it runs the game in everything maxed out but with only 20fps. of course i set some options off so i can play at 30fps, im just wondering if thats all the fps im gonna get with this notebook, or the OS, or any other thing is causing low fps. thanks a lot! and much more thanks if you can answer both questions

Quote Originally Posted by Victarionh View Post
    i realized, after looking at the installed files of the game, that it is 37gb big. AoC supposed to be something around 25 gb right? anyone knows why this happens?

also, i have win 8 (ew) and i was wondering if there are fps problems or other related stuff, so i can see if my notebook is running the game right. i have an intelcore i5, 6 gb ram, and an ATI 7670m it runs the game in everything maxed out but with only 20fps. of course i set some options off so i can play at 30fps, im just wondering if thats all the fps im gonna get with this notebook, or the OS, or any other thing is causing low fps. thanks a lot! and much more thanks if you can answer both questions
    The game unpacks data whenever you zone into a new area the first time. So your game folder increases in size over time. That is why.

There are numerous things that can cause low FPS:
    - non-SSD hard drive; game takes ages to load assets
    - insufficient RAM; game has to page data in and out all the time, contributed to by the first point
    - low clock speed CPUs; the game is heavily CPU-bound, and isn't optimized for multicore (dreamworld engine in TSW seems better with this one)
    - dreamworld engine isn't optimized for DX10, so using DX9 instead may help too (dreamworld engine in TSW is DX11 and seems to work quite well)
    Last edited by Petridish; 3rd May 2013 at 07:08.

Make sure to check for old combatlogs, screenshots and videos - they can take up quite some space.