Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugly pvp armor

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    Having said that you can tell I DO NOT LIKE, but you can not say it is ugly (since it is an opinion), this because barbarian want do barbarian but cannot appreciate real barbarian style and for this i see barbarian that use cloth or also plate vanity, i have see some barbarian with cerimonial black dragon. Barbarian is a free spirit, naked, a strip of fur back the waist; PvP armor is perfectly style of barbarian ready for a war, a full set in leather and fur, an armor complete but light for fast move; if i can say i prefer barbarian pvp to barbarian pve, i dislike that "gladiator" style!
    Most players that I've talked to hate the Barbarian PvP armor (myself included) and also that horrible Ranger armor.

I think the Barbarian and Ranger gear should have had more fur kind of like Bear Shaman gear.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Well, the Barb pve T1-2 sets are messed up too.

Whoever at Funcom thought a barbarian would be wearing yellow or baby blue pants needs to be smacked.

At least the vanity tab is here now, but really, who thought of these years ago before there was vanity tab?

i'm sorry, incredibley worked up for this aweful pvp unchained update.
    YOU HAVE NOT OBVIOUISLY wore ranger pvp armor skrits!!!! seriosuly!!! text edited by Grizzly!!!

i'm moreso talking about pvpT1 ranger armor and pvpT1guardian armor i agree most pvpT2 and pvpT3 are amazing looking but i have personally not created a HoX or ToS because i don't like the ceremonial egytion style BRC and pvpT1 gear looks

And you can't wear vanity you class can't equip so there's that

valid point about people exploiting vanity in minigames *running around naked,etc. ruining the authenticity of the combat simulator because that's why we're all playing but i'd rather take that chance then current system of no vanity in mini's; seriously you can wear vanity in openworld pvp so why not minigames that's all im saying
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 02:25. Reason: Inappropriate Language

I come from a school of thought that says gear shouldn't matter as much as player skill, so if I had my way everyone whould be able to wear what they wanted (level appropriate and within their class limitations) in PvP and be just as effective, provided they knew how to play their class. First and foremost, this is a game. A game should be fun. Grinding for months on end, doing un-fun activities in order to one day be able to have fun and be competitive doing what you enjoy is stupid.

That being said, the game is what it is, and right now we are stuck with stupid looking armor in minigames (the only semi-relaible source of PvP left in AOC at the moment). Why FC would punnish those of us who prefer to spend most of our game time in PvP by not letting us look the way we want... It goes back to the gear... It's all about the gear. PvP shouldn't be gear dependent in the first place. So I do not agree with FC decision to limit the vanity tab from PvP areas.

Quote Originally Posted by norisak View Post
    But then a tank could wear cloth armor as vanity and other players might think they are clothies, and be confused.
    Theyre hitting the tank anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    I come from a school of thought that says gear shouldn't matter as much as player skill, so if I had my way everyone whould be able to wear what they wanted (level appropriate and within their class limitations) in PvP and be just as effective, provided they knew how to play their class. First and foremost, this is a game. A game should be fun. Grinding for months on end, doing un-fun activities in order to one day be able to have fun and be competitive doing what you enjoy is stupid.

That being said, the game is what it is, and right now we are stuck with stupid looking armor in minigames (the only semi-relaible source of PvP left in AOC at the moment). Why FC would punnish those of us who prefer to spend most of our game time in PvP by not letting us look the way we want... It goes back to the gear... It's all about the gear. PvP shotuldn't be gear dependent in the first place. So I do not agree with FC decision to limit the vanity tab from PvP areas.

The reason why funcom not did this because there were those whinning complaining -text edited by Grizzly - pvp players that cryed that they wont able to tell diff between guard and say necro. Thats whole reason this was disabled
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 02:26. Reason: Inappropraite Language

Quote Originally Posted by norisak View Post
    But then a tank could wear cloth armor as NP.nity and other players might think they are clothies, and be confused.
    Many classes wear Tiger set. You just check them out at start so np

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    The reason why funcom not did this because there were those whinning bitching pvp players that cryed that they wont able to tell diff between guard and say necro. Thats whole reason this was disabled

I hardly pay attention to the armor someone is wearing anyway. I look at the weapons to tell who is who.

Just add the class symbol in above the head of char.

Vanity should be in PvP, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Most players that I've talked to hate the Barbarian PvP armor (myself included) and also that horrible Ranger armor.

I think the Barbarian and Ranger gear should have had more fur kind of like Bear Shaman gear.
    in my opinion:

Barb PvP armor is nice, like t2 better than t3 cos of color, the only thing bad is belt tho, which is placed too high up to torso.

hox has very bad t2 but awesome t3 pvp gear, I think it's the best looking gear together with DT's t3, then comes conq t3 and bs t1/t2 then sin sets, guard sets, dt t2, conq t2.

worst looking gears are ranger t2-3 and hox t2 imo.

I cant tell much about casters; they're wearing all diff kinda sets - text edited by Grizzly - . I saw nothing special tho, Pom gear looks nice, maybe necro also. tos's gears are crap demo's are too plainly plain.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th May 2013 at 02:28.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast