Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Solo dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    ehhh not really. Honestly a T4 raid can carry a number of people. I think I might have written this into a different thread elsewhere, but I think Ti'an is harder than T4. Everyone has to be on their game for Ti'an, while T4 you can sleep through a lot of the fights.

I don't see how 24 is more difficult except in actually getting people to attend. Is there something inherent about 24 people that makes it more challenging? They build it so that there's only a few actual necessary roles anyway...
    I don't think Ti'an is all that hard except for the main tank. It's harder than the crap fights in T4 like Basilisk and Imp for sure, but I don't think it's nearly as hard as Yah Chieng. Although not part of the time trial, the Ti'an priestess encounter is about as boring as anything in the game and the only challenge comes from the fact that half the group usually takes a ninja AFK at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    ehhh not really. Honestly a T4 raid can carry a number of people. I think I might have written this into a different thread elsewhere, but I think Ti'an is harder than T4. Everyone has to be on their game for Ti'an, while T4 you can sleep through a lot of the fights.

I don't see how 24 is more difficult except in actually getting people to attend. Is there something inherent about 24 people that makes it more challenging? They build it so that there's only a few actual necessary roles anyway...
    Of course there is. 24 people having an active role is going to require more attention to detail from all 24 vs. only 6 or 12.

You have people sleeping through Zodiac and emperor? I doubt that seriously as long as it took you to clear t4.

Here is pvp player look on t4 if you care about it.
    I dont raid, never did, maybe i did 2 HM runs,never did bori, to put it simply i am not big fan of pve.
    I only do pvp, sadly atm only in mini games.
    There are a lot of people that enjoys raiding, and even if i dont like it personally i respect it. We all like different things and we should accept it.
    Regarding t4 gear, no i dont think it should be given away, or given possibility to earn it with solo dungeons. It wouldn't be fair to people that raids for it.
    But at the same time i want t4, and pve gear in general, removed from pvp as best choice. That is not fair to people that strictly pvp as they would never get it.
    Simple add some pve stats on gear just like pvp gear has strictly pvp stats.
    That way people who raid will have that gear and fun, people who pvp will have their own. Only ones that would be hurt with this is some pvpers from huge guilds that wants to be OP in pvp via better gear.

Ever heard sprinters fight with marathoners? "What are you complaining about, I can walk as fast as you're running!" "What are YOU complaining about, your entire 'race' is over in 10 seconds!"

QQ
    QQ
    qqqqqq

Actually, you've probably never heard a sprinter fight with a marathoner. Why? Because they aren't fighting for the same trophy. Sprinters get a sprinting medal. Marathoners get a marathon medal.

The problem here is that there is only one Age of Conan "gold medal" -- Tier 4 gear -- and if the marathoners want it, they need to go sprinting. Is the best solution to give the soloers and PVPers the raiding rewards? No. Make equally valuable medals that are defined by which type of player you are. Helped with an an awesome raid boss kill? Cool, get a drop with nice raid-only stats. Got an item from faithfully hitting solo content every night for weeks? Cool, get a nice soloing-only item. Got all your gear from PVP? Oh wait, the PVP people already have PVP only stats.

"PVE stats" wouldn't have to be done like PVP stats or the old "Heroic" stats. It could be more like TSW, where group gear has pure role stats, which is great for group content but not so hot for soloing; for that, you need solo/questing gear, which is more well-rounded. The nice thing about that system is that you can switch gear around depending on the task. Cleaning up easy content and don't care about survivability? Pile on the DPS-only gear from grouping. Dangerous group content might benefit from mixing in some survivability gear from soloing/questing. Etc. And in light of the fact that this means that you'll probably need to do more content that you maybe have been before, to round out your gear, make all drops/rewards come a little faster. Which is nice if you're a one-role player (e.g., raiding only) because you could gear up faster.
    Last edited by Prima; 4th May 2013 at 18:13.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

This thread is not about raids or PvP. It's about solo content. Get this back on track to the OP or it will be shut down.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I'd like to see more solo dungeons:

-Simple design, they don't need to be huge
    -Normal and Unchained mode
    -Random bosses and fights (similar to Dead Man's Hand)
    -Random conditions (rain, fog, night, snow)
    -Decent blue loot (non generic looking and useful stats)
    -Chance similar to recipe drops in unchained for better drops
    -1 Rare token in Unchained mode

I think the randomness factor and variety in loot will add replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    This thread is not about raids or PvP. It's about solo content. Get this back on track to the OP or it will be shut down.
    OP suggested that solo dungeons should give T4 relics hence I think the comparison of effort/difficulty between how you get trophies/relics/etc. is pretty fair. It's kind of hard to discuss his idea without the merits and flaws of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    So you really preffer to do single instances instead of joining your friends on TS, have fun, chat, tell each other jokes and s**t???
    Why can't they do both? I think the point he/she is making is that MMORPG's appeal to a multitude of players, not just solo, and not just those who prefer group venues. Bottom line, a game should a mixture of both solo and group with on par loot.

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    I'd like to see more solo dungeons:

-Simple design, they don't need to be huge
    -Normal and Unchained mode
    -Random bosses and fights (similar to Dead Man's Hand)
    -Random conditions (rain, fog, night, snow)
    -Decent blue loot (non generic looking and useful stats)
    -Chance similar to recipe drops in unchained for better drops
    -1 Rare token in Unchained mode

I think the randomness factor and variety in loot will add replay value.
    I would definitely enjoy these things being added.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567