Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Voice - May

How feasible is it to do a Kickstarter for new game features and content?
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    How feasible is it to do a Kickstarter for new game features and content?
    I'll answer this one for free Not feasible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I'll answer this one for free Not feasible at all.
    Bummer. Was just reading this. Different boats, different paddles, I guess. Thanks for the freebie.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth View Post
    Maybe small nerf to slaughterer to be on par or just buff spawn/anni. But both should be equally difficult.
    Stop perpetuating pugger cluelessness, Slaughterer is the easiest of all options. But yes
    Equalize loot between bosses
    tracking is stupid. Also tracking isn't a mechanic, it's players being greedy (caused by bad design).

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Bummer. Was just reading this. Different boats, different paddles, I guess. Thanks for the freebie.
    We are a publically owned company and I think that complicates Kickstarter thing massively.

Plus, we'd have to give them a %. IF we were to do something like that, I'd rather make a shop item in the ingame store and announce that the sales of that item will fund feature X. Then people can "donate/preorder" by buying it and 100% of the funding would go to the feature.

But we don't have anything like that in our current plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

But we don't have anything like that in our current plans.

Why not try that with a dungeon, if we knew the money would be spent on that dungeon. You could sell it at 5/10/20/50 euro with various offers.

Something like this was done for Rotgs and Turan. I think I paid 80£ for ROTGS and 50+£ for Turan.

in the course of the one server tech:

why do you prefer seperated servers for pvp and pve instead of one server for both, choosen my activity
    - by flagging myself or
    - when entering a game zone?
    both opportunities would come to the same result,
    only pve or open world pvp playfield for the player.
    i think second option would help more people like me which are in a main pve guild on pve server but also want to play both (pve and open pvp) in the game.
    Last edited by Cucuchu; 11th May 2013 at 09:00.

What are the chances you will take gear power out of PvP completely instead of just minigames? I know a good number of people who would come back to AOC if World PvP didn't require gear to be competitive. PvP rewards could be cosmetic upgrades and titles. PvP stats could be capped and applied to every piece of gear. that way PvE can still scale like it does, but gear stats won't creep for PvP. Is that possible?

why purely pve players have better weapons to fight than the players who play only pvp?...

Quote Originally Posted by Cucuchu View Post
    in the course of the one server tech:

why do you prefer seperated servers for pvp and pve instead of one server for both, choosen my activity by flagging myself when entering a game zone?
    i think second option would help more people like me which are in a main pve guild on pve server but also want to play both (pve and open pvp) in the game.
    Flagging would create all kinds of trolling. One example: people helping out their friends by standing in the way of fights.

What would be neat is choosing an instance version upon zoning in. PvE, epic or B&G.

The PvP zones with guards needs to vanish. Anyone who doesn't like guards/wants to quest in peace can simply zone into the PvE instance instead.

B&G instance zones should give some kind of small pvp reward for questing in them, to compensate for the added danger.

Note the SMALL pvp reward. We don't want to create a scenario where PvEing is more lucrative than killing another player.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast