Thread: "Un-chained" Mini Games

Default "Un-chained" Mini Games

The easiest and most effective way to implement the Mini-game “Un-Chained” version and make everyone happy is the following:

A. “Un-chained” mini-games for the Masses
    1. Option 1: Enter a staging area where you are able to equip all PvP gear as well as choose which Alternate Advancements you will be fighting with, however, you will be able to make adjustments On-The-Fly while in an “Un-chained” mini-game match. (The cool down still applies if you switch out Major perks) By allowing for a staging area, this will give the newer PvPer a real chance to study the AA’s they will be using and determine which ones they will want to use.
      i. The instances, where PvP gear is purchased, could easily serve as the staging area for “Un-chained” mini-games.
    2. Option 2: If you click, to enter an “Un-Chained” mini-game, upon entering, the system will automatically equip your character with all top tier PvP gear and, within the 1st minute of the match, will give you time to make adjustments to your AA’s as far as which ones you will select for the battle.

B. “Un-chained” mini-games should give the equivalent PvP-XP as what is seen in the games current mini-games system. Quest tokens should remain the same as well, albeit with a shorter cool down, perhaps 2 hours. Bori tokens will also continue to drop with a slightly increased amount as well as an automatic looting system put in place so that everyone is able to obtain bori tokens. If there are 7 bori tokens, within a box, each member of that team should receive 7 bori tokens. I would say scrap bori tokens all together but I still believe that Bori could serve as an awesome PvP zone, it just needs some serious revisions made to make that happen.
    1. “Un-chained” mini-games will no doubt fuel a desire to obtain PvP levels and PvP gear as the population, that was once afraid of being ROFL stomped in the past, will be able to strike up the courage to participate knowing that they are on a level playing field.
    2. With the above mentioned implementation, for “Un-chained” mini-games, progression will still be involved so that everyone will want to participate!

C. “Normal” mini-games should allow for any and all gear formats, including PvE gear. However, some noticeable changes would be additional PvP-XP gain as well as additional tokens for completing mini-game quests and an increase to Prowess not only from killing an opponent but also in completing the mini-game quest. (Just an idea; you could make separate quests for regular mini-games and “Un-chained” mini games, thus allowing the PvPer to have a regular flow of Prowess and PvP XP as well as the potential for additional token gain! This also would make it so that Normal mini-games do not die off because there is still something to be gained.)
    1. Consider possibly adding an additional tier of gear that would circumvent the desire to use PvE gear. This new tier, of PvP gear, would be on par with Tier 4 PvE RAID gear only with some changes such as additional Health, Tenacity, Critigation etc.

D. All of the gear obtained through PvP can be used for Sieging, World PvP, and, if one desires, PvE.

E. There should be further discussion about making all AA’s available, within every tier of PvP mini-games. Or, at the very least, a fresh 80 should be given ‘Free’ points to spend within the AA tree. Or, make it so that a fresh 80 could fill out their AA system within a matter of a few months. This way, veteran players can finish their AA trees and new players can as well, within a respectable time frame.

F. This option should come later this year: With single server technology coming and the fact that US and EU servers will be combined, we should consider having the third tier, of mini-games, the type that allows teams to face off against each other with a ladder system being put in place. The gear obtained through this method will have the same stats as the top PvP gear with the only difference being cosmetics.

G. Arena system: should this ever be implemented, could be an alternative to gaining additional gear, which again, the only difference is cosmetics! This too would be a ladder system. It should be known that with the explosion in population, given the fact that US and EU will be combined, there will be an even greater increase in population because of the fact that once the word gets out, about these changes, the old school PvPers, of the past, should return in mass!

For Sections A. and C., please consider, as many have requested, the option to join a friend for a mini-game whether it be a normal mini-game or an "Un-chained" mini-game.

Please, share your thoughts and ideas. We still have a voice in this and I hope that our voices will be heard!
    Last edited by Rohaus; 30th April 2013 at 17:56.

Moved to PvP discussion.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

I guess this post was a waste of time... GG

I got pwnt!

Actually, I don't think so, because most of the idea are good and should be part of common sense for a dev when you're about to add a PVP option such as the unchained mini.

But the thing is that it might get more visibility in a suggestion thread.

I mean, a dedicated topic will have more visibility for the players, but I'm not sure the dev have time to read all the threads, and probably stick more to the "official" suggestions ones.