Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: what is overpowered in pvp?

So another thread going right to "sin is op" from unknownsoldier. BORING!!!

The whole thread is useless. Its this view on only singel skills in certain circumstances that most ppl have that made balance this bad. Because thats how most feedback is given. Not knowing a singel fu.ck about the class, looking only on specific skills under specific circumstances where the class is strong and the comparing it with another class qhich is quite weak at this point. Not because its weak as a whole. Like comparing sins to hox saying hox is weak because its singeltargetdamage is weaker then sins. Completely ignoring that sin is with everything fokused on singeltagret while everything on a hox is fokused on aoe. But you cant make a hox similar to a sin in Singeltarget damage and call that balanced. That would make him even in singeltarget while he will still remain superior in aoe stuff. But thats waht ppl doing most of the time with all classes. Like this thread.

T4 gear is OP
    Solution? PvP Unchained, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    So another thread going right to "sin is op" from unknownsoldier. BORING!!!
    - looking at the sins k/d on a minigame, is it balanced against mages? specially since they get huge amounts of immunities to spells and to stun/fear/root (lotus overdose) or root/kb/snare (avatar of death) at the same time they one-shot a mage, how fun is that for the mage, not able to defend himself unless kite (very well to be successful)? i'm currently leveling a sin and i like the class, but its too dam easy to play it mixed with the huge burst damage it delivers, if it would be harder to play the sin for the same amount of damage it would be a different story, but not, its a point and click class at melee range or better its a RANGER at melee range
    - the rangers are even more easy to play that the sins, i dont understand with it is not required to create a combo sequence on bows with the rangers, its stupid and that by itself makes it OP against any rogues or mages (in some cases against healers/tanks)
    - the hox IS aoe class at melee and cant compare with the sin that is single target focus, completely different classes, some pp say hox breath of fire is too high, i say no, the hox should even do more damage with other combos because of the difficulty to play the class and feat it up, so the hox in general is UNDERPOWERED compared with other classes

each class should have its UNIQUE play style and UNIQUE damage bursts or combo/spell rotations here and there, but as Monkeyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Overpowered is when a class either has abilities that allow them to win minus more often then other classes. Or allow them to dominate other classes without having any disadvantages.
    is this not happening with the sins at any levels with gear or not, with perks or not??? i see, and you all can see on youtube or in the game (Fury server at least) mini games where the sins one-shot every mage, rogues and in some cases even healers at level 80, plus at the end they get 30-2 k/d that shows how ridiculous that is compared to the rest of the classes --- when there is no sin in the minigame of 6-MAN, you see the k/d balanced between all classes, the best player gets more kills and not the easiest class, translating this to "THE SKILLED PLAYER" (also i speak of the sins here, but the rangers are even worst, but are way, way, way easier to be killed by any other class)

has Monkeyy also said:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Conq would be an example. Can dominate has FC and top kills. Or healers that do as much damage as dps class.
    this is more about what i wanted discussed in this thread (you have the ignore the rest of this post though), healers dpsing more than a dps class it self and why? feats they use or abilities they have that makes them too powerfull? bubbles with too low CD or too high invulnerabilities? and so on, in order to help funcom filter the unbalance issues in overall and tweak what is necessary, a bit here and a bit there, then wait from players feedback, then go in again...

- in the sin case, the bomb damage is too high compared to how easy it is to use it, if it would be harder to use it, like for example putting a 50-50 change on bomb exploding or not, that way nerfed the bomb damage wouldn't be not required...
    - in the ranger case, just giving combo sequence to the bow/xbow shots might bring the balance it needs, thus no need to change anything in feat tree or perks power or even the class burst damage itself
    - for conqs, that blueish bubble they have (dunno the name) that we cant remove, with the conq with damage, CC the conq, and still he inflicts huge amounts of damage to a target, could simply be changed to give they some disadvantage like a decrease on the damage output, making it a tool very useful to run off when low on health and not die, or when carrying the flag (the guards last is a good example, when its one, the damage we inflict on him is nothing but we can still hit him)
    - poms also have a bluish shield like the conqs but im not sure if we cant hit them or not because if i get close to them and they kb me, im a dead rogue, since as monkeyy said also, they do more damage than dps classes

To much wall of text with nothing signifikant said. The whole post is excactly like i wrote above. And its not even true what he said. Even mages can kill sin within a knockback. Especially demo with wof and instant casts. Not even to mention how sins feel against ero/guard.

You have your opinion. Sin is op. Everyone reading forum from time time knows that. But that doesnt make it a valid opinion. Your are exaggerating (not even a t4 sin can nearly one Shot a mage with bomb), you always compare strong points of sins against weak points of other classes and you completely ignore every skill and every situation where sins are weak against.

You dont talk about balance. You talk about nerfing specific classes against the rest.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 2nd May 2013 at 12:07.

The only class that needs a nerf is conq nowadays, anyone can play that class, you don't need gear or pvp lvl to kill, it's simply op as f*ck. The retributive damage conq has is so insane, it doesn't involve any skill, ALO let's use guard of dancing steel and retaliation and let everybody kill themselves. Moreover the insane dps, bubbles and survivability makes conq a sin in fullplate. GG funcom.
    Oh right, i forgot to mention aoe combos with 2H weapon =]

[...]not even a t4 sin can nearly one Shot a mage with bomb
    That's true, since the 4k-bombcrit isn't enough he's gotta rely on his 1,5k Crit from GC, 1k Crit from Vile Corruption and after all those things he STILL has to hit DWW for the kill - hopefully T5 will eradicate this cumbersome nuisance.

Even mages can kill sin within a knockback. Especially demo with wof and instant casts. Not even to mention how sins feel against ero/guard.
    Still the other way around is a lot more likely to happen. Fighting a WoF-Demo without getting LO to proc is quite hard.
    I'm not defendig the OP's point of view here, but yours is a little one-sided, too.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 2nd May 2013 at 14:18.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

(not even a t4 sin can nearly one Shot a mage with bomb), you always compare strong points of sins against weak points of other classes and you completely ignore every skill and every situation where sins are weak against.
    its not only the bomb that hurts, fast combos facestab 8k health lost in seconds!
    even if they are in the weaker team finishing the game with over 20 kills and good k/d
    btw tell us in wich situation a sin is weak against?

You dont talk about balance. You talk about nerfing specific classes against the rest.
    Is it not the same?

A mini with soldiers, barbs or rangers in enemy team. Dw ero with charge knockbach. Sin dead. Linebreaker with shattering attack. Sin dead before up again. Etc pp. Lots of examples to find.

A mini with soldiers, barbs or rangers in enemy team. Dw ero with charge knockbach. Sin dead. Linebreaker with shattering attack. Sin dead before up again. Etc pp. Lots of examples to find.
    rangers and barbs always kb every target, its most players MO, so attacking them no prepared for it its suicide, the sin simply uses AOD, then a barb or ranger stuns him, which the SIN removes with perk, then try to kite cause of dod, and when dod ends, sin uses Excelent Balance, why, cause rangers/barbs can feat up 2 kb combos, but by this time, the health of either of the sin target already went between 50-75% when you turn to hit him a bomb explodes and your almost dead, the rest of the health to be taken its just a matter of the sin waiting and watching what the target does:
    - runs? yes then charge with root included and hit the miasma face DEAD;
    - doesn't run and stays close? hit with miasma, DEAD
    dont forget that the perk also increased the sin damage, plus the target is for certain with some kind of invulnerability, and the miasma stab its just one click that you can execute at any time...

changing miasma stab from one click to a combo with at least one starter could give a bit more balance where its damage would also depend on amount of white hits on target when starting the combo (plus what torment target has already)

zatochi, have you ever tried to survive a sin with any mage or other rogues (a sin that knows what he is doing of course and he can be under geared also)??? cause i have been in the perspective of more than one class and i can see that point, even with a guard (of course it survives longer and that is the only advantage against it - no getting one-shotted)
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 2nd May 2013 at 19:56.

It is tiring to see over and over players describe the "ideal" routine that in facts doesn't work in the average mini-fight. What you are describing reminds me off those petty "pro-sins" back in the days that would only show up once every 3 minuts (CD of AoD back then).
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast