Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: what is overpowered in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I think that's the challenege. People want progression, not all but most, and progression means something to help. Carnage, the #1 pvp guild in AOC with US say in bori at the release of it and all ran to pvp 10. Why I ask you if people who pvp only don't want progression?

Then I see posts like this where they state it gives an unfair advantage. Makes no sense to me.

IMO, I like PVP right where it is. I worked to get to pvp 10, why cant everyone else? I did bori only from 6 to 7, and the rest minis and open world. SO its possible.

If funcom wants to divide pvp, now is the time to do it during server merges and population will be great. When population drops off then get rid of the division queues like pvp 1-5 and pvp 6-10.
    exactly! There needs to still be a reason for it, like, if there is nothing to achieve why do it. Would pvers do tier 5 raids if no loot dropped?

maybe once, but they sure as hell wouldnt farm it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    exactly! There needs to still be a reason for it, like, if there is nothing to achieve why do it. Would pvers do tier 5 raids if no loot dropped?

maybe once, but they sure as hell wouldnt farm it.
    Progression doesn't have to mean gear gap. I don't mind gear progression myself but must admit it has brought some bad side effects.

Main bad effect gear progression triggers is "time-efficience". Since you now have a gear race, doing stuff that isn't rewarding in terms of experience/gear is a "waste of time". Example: If you love open-world PvP and do only that, you won't progresse nor in AA nor in gear. Or at a ridiculosly slow pace. "time-efficience" leading of course to a more "technic" focused game. Hard facts, statistcs, maths, optimisation some enjoy that, i don't. I like it better more lightminded.

An other thing is hardcore players not only out-skill more casual players, they also out-gear them by tons. It's less attractive for more relaxed PvPers (and by the way not much more attractive for hardcore players either beside the "i'm a god" feeling that, i understand, can be nice).

By the way, i find it odd to justify gear progression by the number one pvp guild farming their way to PvP 10 at light's speed. From my point of view it looks more like "now that's done, i won't have to grind anymore for a long while. Pfiu !".

Progression shouldn't be something you seek, it should be something that happens as you play, and it shouldn't divide the population. That's what was great before 1.05 noobish casual guilds fought hardcore guilds in PvP. They weren't massively unbalanced gear wise. 'Cause of course, good/hardcore players always stack up in the few same guilds.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314