Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would make Dragonspine relevant?

Default What would make Dragonspine relevant?

Make Wyrm and the upcoming dungeons relevant. Khitai power loot with a little extra for those who get full sets. You have to give the players an incentive to do the new stuff. It is awesome stuff but nobody does it.

Increase the gold reward for the repeatable quest.

Give MoA for the repeatable quests.

Make a new faction for Dragonspine. Give it some decent rank 4 loot. BS needs a STR + healrating cloak. I’m sure that other classes need stuff too.

Make the new Dragonspine raids part one of T5. We don’t need another T3,5 and you guys don’t have the capacity to do both. You can release part two of T5 next year.

Make rank 4 of the new faction required to enter the new raid instance.

Make a new milestones quest for Dragonspine with a tempting price for doing the dungeons over and over and over and over ...

Dragonspine as it is now is a wasted opportunity. Make it shine

I hope the flute does something.. I have it on 2 toons.. No clue what's the point.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

1) fix that damned SotW last boss encounter to some reasonable state

2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    Make Wyrm and the upcoming dungeons relevant. Khitai power loot with a little extra for those who get full sets. You have to give the players an incentive to do the new stuff. It is awesome stuff but nobody does it.

Increase the gold reward for the repeatable quest.

Give MoA for the repeatable quests.

Make a new faction for Dragonspine. Give it some decent rank 4 loot. BS needs a STR + healrating cloak. I’m sure that other classes need stuff too.

Make the new Dragonspine raids part one of T5. We don’t need another T3,5 and you guys don’t have the capacity to do both. You can release part two of T5 next year.

Make rank 4 of the new faction required to enter the new raid instance.

Make a new milestones quest for Dragonspine with a tempting price for doing the dungeons over and over and over and over ...

Dragonspine as it is now is a wasted opportunity. Make it shine

All are great ideas. I think the problem is that the devs wanted to keep ROGS relevant rather than making SDS "the place to be" for high end geared players. I would agree that SDS in it's current shape is a waste of resources: good story, thin, short lived content and funky looking gear with loads of hit rating that no one really wants. AS for set bonuses: even Joel B. doesn't know if those are even in game :X (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...95#post2035395)
    Last edited by Slith; 2nd May 2013 at 07:52.
    Retired

This should not be a problem. The main reason to buy RotGS is to get access to AA advancement (there is no other way to activate it now). It should not be funcoms worry where people spent their time after they paid and where they prefer to grind (as stated as soon as the khitai focus was known, not everyone likes that focus of fear of neglecting the hyborian part (history proved those critics right, but dragonspine might have been a return to a more hyborian focus)).
    So actually old world factions with gear comparable to khitai including every 6 man dungeon giving 1+ rare afterwards might be the key (for example iron tower giving 1-3 rares, atzels 1 and xibalaku 1-3, for onyx you can include a summoned boss with cooldown). If for example a challenging instance like wyrm with many prerequisites (in AA and gear) would have repeatable faction quests (from black ring, stygian agents, conans secret agency etc.) and give rares according to difficulty, it might work (at least way better than now).
    From my subjective point of view Dragonspine right now means:
    - hard and scripted instances (at least for T0-1 geared chars), so i am not interested in that at all (too much other easier content i have not seen yet)
    - bad logistics with high population of lvl85 mobs who give less xp and renown than a lvl80 mob and who have weird aggro
    - no rewards that would make me feel like being in a stygian desert (e.g. no nomad clothing shop or drops, no trader, no stygian clothing shop or drops). Changing the loot lists might help (e.g. give the raiders some unique lootset like nemedians and vanir)
    - unbalanced solo quest (flute)
    - an easy to get pet bird (yay!)

Old world factions, rare tokens or MoA might influence all points there for the better. Also since you are forced to fight a lot there...make it worthwhile as said above by more gold drops and more renown and AA xp from lvl85 mobs (not sure if the "difference" in rewards between a lvl80 old world mob and a lvl85 dragonspine mob was intended). Or less mobs with group aggro on the "road".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd May 2013 at 09:21.

And also make the turning columns puzzle random in Sepulcher.

I think it is a good idea to keep ROGS important. It is very well made.

If you are gonna introduce the next level gear, you gotta be careful to not make ROGS irrelevant a few months after.

You could make quest chains or items from ROGS mandatory. Alternativly make it so hard that the T4/Khitai epics are absolutly necessary.

Fix the last boss.

Give better rewards, at least equal to Khitai. The present system was intended to be weaker than khitai but have set bonuses that might edge it back up again, but what is going on now?

Give it some protection items that are useful. There is a staggering lack of decent protection gear outside of raid encounters. Basically if you don't go do T3 your protection is rubbish.

Sadly it's hard to make quest lines like Dragon Spine particularly relevant because they are exactly the same for every character so after I finished it once I had no urge to go back and do them again. It's a shame there's so much time invested in that for something that I don't feel is repeatable...

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    I think it is a good idea to keep ROGS important. It is very well made.

If you are gonna introduce the next level gear, you gotta be careful to not make ROGS irrelevant a few months after.

You could make quest chains or items from ROGS mandatory. Alternativly make it so hard that the T4/Khitai epics are absolutly necessary.
    As i said, i don't think there ever will be this danger. Even if they go the old world faction route and introduce repeatables (the old factions would be rather instance bound unless they want to rework every quest). So as grind source and gold source as well as the only way to get AAs started and as alternative to get customized blue/purple gear khitai will never be irrelevant in the next ten years (even if they would add 20 MoA to every old world quest and 2 rares to every old world instance).

The real reason why they haven't fixed the dungeon yet is that the developer who scripted the bosses(Azyll) quit back in March.

The TSW scripters have been hard at work pushing out that new raid. Now that the raid is done, perhaps they have taken a second look on Wyrm.

But this dungeon dosen't really fit Joel's priorities. He wants to make content for the majority of the playerbase, not the top 5-10% skilled/geared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast