Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any word on those set bonuses?

Before PVE gets t5 raid gear

Give us t4 pvp gear....

You want another teir of PvP gear? You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    I wouldn't mind another 3.5 or t4 raid, if there were a t4.5 or t5 in the pipeline. But we all know that content is going to be slow in coming from here on out, so anything less than 4.5 makes no sense.

If the new raid isn't 4.5 or higher, my interest in renewing my subscription would be signifcantly less.

Bring us T5 Joel!!!!!
    No, don't bring us T5. T4 gear has obnoxius stats. The difference going from T3 to T4 gear is more than just a few points here and there like T2 to T3. Nobody has any interest in doing T3.5, and it's easier just to do T4 and get rares from T3 to buy that gear, which does not make much sense seeing as your wasting T4 tokens on it.

The fact the T4 gear is so obnoxius is a factor in why you see people complaining about mini game and PvP balance. And before anyone says anything about that's why you have "unchained", that will be just an option. Standard games will still be going on as well as world PvP and sieges, we do not need any gear better than T4 allowed to the base right now.

Having new raid content does not mean you need to have a higher gear requirement. What AoC lacks is a choice in gear selection, all the best gear has all of it, High Crit chance/Crit Damage and overall high dps, there should be multiple sets from several raid instances that allow you to build specificaly for certain stats, defense, offense, or crit rating/crit damage.

I'm not against new content, but we don't need to keep ballooning the stats on everything to do it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I'm not against new content, but we don't need to keep ballooning the stats on everything to do it.
    I think even pvp people will agree that this game is 90% PVE players. Ballooning stats is exactly what new content needs or else it will be like t3.5 ... a barren waste land. If and when unchained pvp comes out please realize that regular pug minis will be completely abandoned. There are more have-nots than haves, or at least more people that think they are have-nots when in reality we're talking about miniscule percentage points, so more will be signed for unchained. Any pvp first player arguing that stats on new content should not be an improvement are wishing for AoC to completely die. You can lie to yourself and say WHAT ABOUT OPEN WORLD AND SIEGES but you know that unfortunately is such a minor part of PVP now a days.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I think even pvp people will agree that this game is 90% PVE players. Ballooning stats is exactly what new content needs or else it will be like t3.5 ... a barren waste land.
    I have bumped into pvp people that actualy think the majority of people playing aoc play for the pvp! So they might disagree with you on that.
    On the other hand i agree with you and a next raid tier with not better stats on gear? That's crazy talk! I haven't experienced t3.5 all through because of the fact it's harder or at least as hard as t4 and the loot is not worth it. I think the guilds that are doing t3.5 are the ones that have done t4 and are bored of gearing their alts with t4 gear only.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I think even pvp people will agree that this game is 90% PVE players. Ballooning stats is exactly what new content needs or else it will be like t3.5 ... a barren waste land. If and when unchained pvp comes out please realize that regular pug minis will be completely abandoned. There are more have-nots than haves, or at least more people that think they are have-nots when in reality we're talking about miniscule percentage points, so more will be signed for unchained. Any pvp first player arguing that stats on new content should not be an improvement are wishing for AoC to completely die. You can lie to yourself and say WHAT ABOUT OPEN WORLD AND SIEGES but you know that unfortunately is such a minor part of PVP now a days.
    So your saying gear which gives 74 crit rating and 66+ crit chance each peice is normal? That's terribley unbalanced when you have classes that rely on crit chance to procc abilities. I get what your saying for PvP, I'm for unchained minis. But the PvE gear is getting seriously over the top, no one can deny that. If you get gear better than T4, people will be playing around with 30-40% crit chance and 40-50% crit damage rating, that's just way too much, pvp or pve.

If they do that they need to seriously redo the zones and difficulty of 6-man and solo content. Already just using khitai blues and faction gear you can do 80% of the content in game, imagine doing a K6 in gear better than T4, you would not even need 6 people to do it. If they release better than T4, they not only need a raid instance but other super challenging content as well so people can put that gear to use other than 3-maning a K6 for lolz.
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th April 2013 at 05:25.
    Doomsayer 2008

one easy solution:

Make those raid (let´s say) T3,5+ sets just like the current PvP sets.. part of the stats will be for both PvE and PvP and part of the stats will be for PvE only (stat budget for PvE will remain the same).. tadaa! With an overhaul like this, you can then introduce T5/6/whatever raids with imba (PvE) gear without breaking the balance in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Wow. I always thought the Dragon's Spine loot was garbage loot because it would get better with the set bonuses. Now I know it was just flat out garbage loot. LOL!
    This. If those sets won´t get boosted by any set bonuses, they´ll have to get revamped piece by piece, because they are just not worth the price/effort.. simple as that. (And being on a loot table of the bugged last boss in SotW doesn´t help neither.)
    Last edited by Argantes; 30th April 2013 at 09:20.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I don't mean mentioned to the playerbase,
    hehehe you mean that the letter of month was delivered without passing from a check as yours letter is? :P
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes
    part of the stats will be for both PvE and PvP and part of the stats will be for PvE only (stat budget for PvE will remain the same).. tadaa! With an overhaul like this, you can then introduce T5/6/whatever raids with imba (PvE) gear without breaking the balance in PvP.
    This is spot on. Give pve only stats.

They did something similar in Guild Wars 1, only there they made some abilitys have diffrent functions in pve and pvp. This way thet could make great abilities for pve, without destroying pvp.

In other words raidgear should have pve only stats, making them less useful in pvp. The best weapons for pvp should be achieved in pvp, not from the highest raiding tiers or crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It was never mentioned by anybody on the old team and it hasn't been in the "top 10" list of requested features here, so I am afraid it has flown under my radar.

I'll see how difficult it is and give you an answer about whether it is feasible or not.
    Just curious, did the previous team inform you of a HoX revamp being on the list of things that were desperately needed at the moment? Incase you hadn't noticed from the multiple topics posted on the forums already, this is a class that needs to be buffed. In that Survey that Funcom asked the community to take a while back, it was ranked as the weakest class in the game. Just was curious if that made the "Top 10" by any chance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast