Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian for pvp

barb is op as is, leave it alone

u can spec one shot kill just like any other class

barb and conq are the 2 single classes that killed me in a single blow. i had greens when the conq did so, i had pvp gear when the barb 1 shotted me.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    barb and conq are the 2 single classes that killed me in a single blow. i had greens when the conq did so, i had pvp gear when the barb 1 shotted me.
    I think you've played this game long enough now to at least tell us exactly which one combo of the barb and conq that can take off 7-10k health sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Yes carnie is strong and can dish great dmg but at least you can hurt him. My point is that dmg and survival with soldier should have some sort of balance. Carnage can go down relatively fast if focused, brute not really. And brute with good gear can also deal tons of dmg.
    But lets not go of track to much, barb is theme here.
    About this "relatively fast" is only compared to the other two soldiers. Compared to anything else it's still much better in survivability.

Please if this is so roll a barb and go farm kills in minis with 1 shot build.
    Just curious how many kills will you rack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    About this "relatively fast" is only compared to the other two soldiers. Compared to anything else it's still much better in survivability.
    Yes that is only when comparing to other soldiers. Carnage conq is strong class by all means (when i play conq its carnage i dont touch brute) but still it gave bit or survivability to deal dmg, brute conq, guard and dt deals dmg but dont give any survivability for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Please if this is so roll a barb and go farm kills in minis with 1 shot build.
    Just curious how many kills will you rack up.
    Don't pay attention to that person, he plays in the most unskilled mini bracket (level 19s), on the most unskilled server (deathwish), and anyone remotely decent, he petitions.

with zerker build its possible to almost one-shot a clothie with combination:

- clobber
    - finishing blow
    - decapitation
    - at the gates
    - butcher
    - earth shatter to fast stun if needed
    - blitz if runs away at the end
    (using excellent balance and liberation to not get cced somewhere in the middle)

anyway, still not easy to ALMOST one-shot, and then do repeat exactly the same you have to wait a lot of time just for the long finishing blow and earth shatter cooldowns

barb is good as it is on zerker side for pvp, reaver is the one that needs something else (a lot of ideas like one CC and more survival), in NO WAY barb is overpower IMO

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    with zerker build its possible to almost one-shot a clothie with combination:

- clobber
    - finishing blow
    - decapitation
    - at the gates
    - butcher
    - earth shatter to fast stun if needed
    - blitz if runs away at the end
    (using excellent balance and liberation to not get cced somewhere in the middle)

anyway, still not easy to ALMOST one-shot, and then do repeat exactly the same you have to wait a lot of time just for the long finishing blow and earth shatter cooldowns

barb is good as it is on zerker side for pvp, reaver is the one that needs something else (a lot of ideas like one CC and more survival), in NO WAY barb is overpower IMO
    Huh, how is this even remotely 1 shot? Even if you dont take into account abilities like finishing blows or ATG this is still 3-4 combos
    But to be honest with lucky crits you can almost kill clothie (or kill bad geared one) with knock, finishing blow, ATG and butcher or decap. But most of the time you wont kill it, and honestly this is easy to do only on bad players.

I think the problem is with the other classes. Conqs and DT's should not be able to easily out damage a rogue class while wearing heavy armor and having bubbles and other survivability tools. I see extremely good people on barb and extremely bad people, usually that means that a class is pretty balanced when the majority are in the middle.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar
    Huh, how is this even remotely 1 shot? Even if you dont take into account abilities like finishing blows or ATG this is still 3-4 combos
    But to be honest with lucky crits you can almost kill clothie (or kill bad geared one) with knock, finishing blow, ATG and butcher or decap. But most of the time you wont kill it, and honestly this is easy to do only on bad players.
    true, but after the successful KB on a mage, decap+ATG will take his health to around 25% before he stands up - an ALMOST one-hot, the rest of the health you must use a bit of exp and time things right, and also depends on the gear on barb and mage plus AA

well, overall one-shot with barbs its not part of his tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I think the problem is with the other classes. Conqs and DT's should not be able to easily out damage a rogue class while wearing heavy armor and having bubbles and other survivability tools. I see extremely good people on barb and extremely bad people, usually that means that a class is pretty balanced when the majority are in the middle.
    yep, its the problem everyone complains (me included), soldiers inflict too much compared to dps classes. it almost looks like dps class are there to be farmed by them, and they are the real dpsers (even on pve they inflict a lot compared to the 3 rogues)...
    a good idea would be to nerf the frenzy stance ONLY, and i say ONLY, on the pvp stats, leaving the pve has it is because it is important

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast