Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    And saying "barb is balanced but other classes are OP" sounds funny, how it's balanced then? compared to what? I like the barb as it is also but a bit more efficiency wont hurt. And other classes wont get a nerf just cos barb is balanced under their radar.
    Please show where anyone said thab barb is balanced and other classes are OP?
    If you are referring to my post you will see that at the start i said that i don't want to talk about soldiers being OP, and later on i said i would rather see some classes toned down (again i was thinking of soldiers) rather than barb buffed.
    And yes i believe barb is pretty balanced. It can do nice dmg, has good survival and you have more options on build. If you want to go dps and deal huge dmg fast (reaver) you sacrifice survivability.
    Soldiers for instance dont sacrifice anything, they have dps and defense.
    That's why i think barb is balanced class and soldiers needs to be toned down. Not nerfed to the ground or something, but they should not be able to dish out that kind of dmg without penalty to their survival.

Well, you confirmed what you quoted from me more or less, nothing to add. Like I said, just cos barb is balanced on it's own, other classes(be it soldiers) wont get a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Well, you confirmed what you quoted from me more or less, nothing to add. Like I said, just cos barb is balanced on it's own, other classes(be it soldiers) wont get a nerf.
    Well i dont see why one class cant be balanced if other is OP. I play minis with my barb and dont worry myself to much about soldiers being OP. Lucky there are enough of them that are easy kill, and anyway i can always assist with ccing them.
    Will soldiers get nerf or not that is another topic. But in my opinion they should be more like carnage conq, true he can deal a lot dmg but its easier to kill than other soldiers or brute conq.
    Imo there should be some balance between dmg output and survival.

Btw i have high lvl conq and also when i play it i do it carnage style, much more fun way to do it.

carnage is same op **** as brute, and I totally realized it after making a conq and playing it a bit, just a facepalm class. you can kill most of classes during 1 cc while killing you takes a good couple of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    carnage is same op **** as brute, and I totally realized it after making a conq and playing it a bit, just a facepalm class. you can kill most of classes during 1 cc while killing you takes a good couple of seconds.
    Yes carnie is strong and can dish great dmg but at least you can hurt him. My point is that dmg and survival with soldier should have some sort of balance. Carnage can go down relatively fast if focused, brute not really. And brute with good gear can also deal tons of dmg.
    But lets not go of track to much, barb is theme here.

Plz dont mess with reaver tree just give reaver fast aoe stun with universal cool
    down with zerker ccs. So nubs dont yall at barb too many ccs. And make Reaver stance proc a lot faster and more often not using aa.

Problem with reaver stance is you need to be 10x+ to really see a big increase, and that takes long time to get unless you're using perk or hitting tons of targets. Stacking mechanics are practically phased out or made so easy and fast to stack that it's not a big deal on most classes, except for barb, and that's fine and one reason why I love my barb, there should be more abilities and stuff you have access to at higher stacks that would make you want to stack up and need to, but not just raw damage increase to the point that it is. That kinda goes goes for both PvP and PvE really, not that I really want the class messed with I like it how it is (and I don't think it's in anyones plans anyway ).

I love playing my barb. You can dish out great damage against a lot of different classes, but to me, Barb really isn't about being an ultra kill class. In mini's I try to support the team (weather we are flag botting or going for kills). Great to help the players that are being focused with cc's and good survivability. When a conq gets on me I cc and get out for the most part. DT's...takes them longer to kill me than a conq so I don't worry about them as much.

Have you ever seen a full t4 barb? No one can say they can't do damage. Add on arcane marauder and they will pretty much destroy a lot of classes. (Need pvp gear to match pve gear for those who don't want to raid).

Barb is one of my favorite classes in the game and I don't really think it needs a boost.

Barb needs for dual wield at list one cc it is stupid to switch weapon to do cc it tells opponent oh he pulled his 2h hes about to do cc on me. Plus some people have bad lag in mini try to switch weapons at 400. This is a joke that barb 1h is the only class in whole game have to switch weapons. Give 1h earth shatter like combo that puts other ccs on cooldown.

They should just make stunning punch weapon independent. This has been a longtime QQ point for dual wield barbs.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast