Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    First, why want balance in 1 vs 1 ?
    Is there a more logical balance? How do you balance group vs group? You cant put same classes with same gear/AA in each group so 1vs1 balance pretty much balances everything.

Nowadays most barbs who gets kills in minis uses the decap/atg setup (with insane gear alongside) which was called nab playstyle back in the day. A player who does good without playing like this is too rare. Either double ended zerker tree with atg or reaver heavy hybrid builds work but some barbs(me included) wants old classic zerker spec(without decap) to be viable again and it wont be until 2 handed combos are buffed. Barb's two handed damage against heavy/plate armor is a joke atm, simply there isnt enough damage vs survivability overall.

There is only one barb I know who does very good on every spec/playstyle he plays(he doesnt play with decap nor heavy reaver DoD spec) but you cant rely on that reference to balance da BARB!

Quote Originally Posted by panzarini View Post
    Guys, listen please! None is listening what im saying.

Im saying about dmg. Not about how fun the class is, how hard the class is.
    heheh couldnt resist posting this

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=23ur0wy&s=5

7562 crit hit from AtG. posted http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=181835&page=4
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    specially on the reaver side needs tweaks, DONT TURN THE CLASS EASY MODE

hybrid-reaver builds are already more powerful than berserker/general, buffing mostly reaver side and forgetting about berserker will make it 1-2 builds class.
    both trees need tweaks and I dont know if berserker even more.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    heheh couldnt resist posting this

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=23ur0wy&s=5

7562 crit hit from AtG. posted http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=181835&page=4
    I couldnt open image but seems impossible imo, my atg in full pvp gear does 1k , sometimes 2k when crits, never more
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 30th April 2013 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    7562 crit hit from AtG. posted
    has the one player said on the thread you linked, the window of opportunity to hit a crit like that is very low, it depends on your own buffs and group buffs to crit like that --- on raids, for example, CoS X usually hits 600 per tick, but sometimes, because of enough group buffs mixed with mine, it hits 1k for each tick at least with no critical (if critical i steal aggro and die :P )

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Is there a more logical balance? How do you balance group vs group? You cant put same classes with same gear/AA in each group so 1vs1 balance pretty much balances everything.

Nowadays most barbs who gets kills in minis uses the decap/atg setup (with insane gear alongside) which was called nab playstyle back in the day. A player who does good without playing like this is too rare. Either double ended zerker tree with atg or reaver heavy hybrid builds work but some barbs(me included) wants old classic zerker spec(without decap) to be viable again and it wont be until 2 handed combos are buffed. Barb's two handed damage against heavy/plate armor is a joke atm, simply there isnt enough damage vs survivability overall.

There is only one barb I know who does very good on every spec/playstyle he plays(he doesnt play with decap nor heavy reaver DoD spec) but you cant rely on that reference to balance da BARB!
    In PvP if the other team doesn't have a brain dead ranger or completely noob or undergeared tanks it's much smoother to play barb than sin. Thus constantly talking about 1 vs 1 scenarios against the current most OP classes in game seems irrelevant to me. Other example, it is much easier for a demo or necro to deal with / kite a tank than it is to kite a barb.

It bothers me that players only consider the kill board when they play. I consider doing fine with my barb on crom without being insanely geared nor that skilled... and i don't play with ATG or Decap'. Positive k/d, mostly in the top 3 of my team in kills, suprisingly good w/l ratio. Like Whalar said, barb is one of the most balanced class in the game. The way kills are counted doesn't favour barb but it would be a shame to dumb down the class so it can steal kills like DWW + GB speced sins manage to.

Side note: The best barb i've seen lately on Fury plays in PvP 5 gear with a spec like this or maybe something like this without ATG, blue crafted blunt and excorant sword
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Side note: The best barb i've seen lately on Fury plays in PvP 5 gear with a spec like this or maybe something like this without ATG, blue crafted blunt and excorant sword
    Yeah Imork is doing fine with crap gear(but it's an old veteran so he has good knowledge of the different classes etc).

And I am not sure why some people here are complaining about barb in 1v1 - it can actually beat all classes (except Conqs with half a brain or better^^). Good healers will be hardcore and in general you can't afford to make too many (if any) mistakes but even DTs shouldn't be much of a problem. Gathord and Tyyr always told me they never had any issue with DTs in 1o1 at least :P

Thing is, barb is a fun class and actually one of most skill based ones. It doesn't win by raw damage and survivability (hello brute conqs) but by movement, ccs etc.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Is there a more logical balance? How do you balance group vs group? You cant put same classes with same gear/AA in each group so 1vs1 balance pretty much balances everything
    Well it is not as simple as you might think. Just example if there would be range classses as good 1vs1 as i.e. tanks and rogues in minies they will easily smash down whole groups. Well we had it in game something like 2.5 years ago and that time it was worst time in PvP in AoC ever - infamously called as the Age of casters
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

It bothers me that players only consider the kill board when they play. I consider doing fine with my barb on crom without being insanely geared nor that skilled... and i don't play with ATG or Decap'. Positive k/d, mostly in the top 3 of my team in kills, suprisingly good w/l ratio. Like Whalar said, barb is one of the most balanced class in the game. The way kills are counted doesn't favour barb but it would be a shame to dumb down the class so it can steal kills like DWW + GB speced sins manage to.
    Well, I compare barb with conq always(guess why ) and right now, conq has better damage and surviability than barb. I have conq also, playing carnage in pvp and barbs are free kill for me, if they wont escape :P and their attacks just scratches my armor, if I land a bb7 they are crippled till they die. Actually with conq there is no anti-class, no fear of nab sin attacks or rangers etc. Brute is another story, I havent been playing brute in pvp for a long time but I see them play and good ones are invincible, usually getting top kills with no deaths at all.

Anyways, as a melee-rogue you should have advantage against casters/rangers in melee range, but nearly every ranger/caster(including pom/tos) is capable of taking half of the barb's hp with only one attack, and if you're hitting them with 2 handed weapon, no way you can outdamage them, nor outheal. So either damage or survivability/self healing should be improved for barb. That's my opinion.

Gathord, Tyyr, Lohar, x, y etc. 5 great and rare barb players shouldnt determine if barb should get a buff or nerf. When I look at all the barbs I play with/against they are doing considerably worse than sins/rangers etc most classes overall.

And saying "barb is balanced but other classes are OP" sounds funny, how it's balanced then? compared to what? I like the barb as it is also but a bit more efficiency wont hurt. And other classes wont get a nerf just cos barb is balanced under their radar.

i would still love too see a barb win vs sin (both pro of course, not me) but haven't found it yet, not on CROM server or FURY server, i see vids of barbs killing sins on youtube but most vids are outdated or the sins are not that good (from the "looks" at least)... i find barbs winning against other classes though, even a revamped conq (takes forever lol), but sins never

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i would still love too see a barb win vs sin (both pro of course, not me) but haven't found it yet, not on CROM server or FURY server, i see vids of barbs killing sins on youtube but most vids are outdated or the sins are not that good (from the "looks" at least)... i find barbs winning against other classes though, even a revamped conq (takes forever lol), but sins never
    Come on Fury and try to catch Lohar or Ajicill in khesh :P
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast