Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    I totaly agree with all your points but I dont think that rangers/sins are easy mode. Have you seen many good rangers? I bet in all servers there are 2-3 players that can make the difference in a team. Is it easier to hit hard as a new ranger? yes not arguing there. but if you go near a ranger then class needs a lot of skill to survive. On the other hand you think sin is easy? ok your opinion but try hitting something with a dagger, and dww gb will hit you hard only if they hit in unshield area and not that barb doesnt have easy mode stuff to play like AtG and aoe insta kb.

Well if you compare barb to sin, overall, barb is much easier to survive as than sin. But it's also harder to get kills. Killing being the main reference... barb is harder to play.

As for making a diffrence... it's hard to say with pugs i tend to feal it's really linked to the player behind rather than the classe.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    I totaly agree with all your points but I dont think that rangers/sins are easy mode. Have you seen many good rangers? I bet in all servers there are 2-3 players that can make the difference in a team. Is it easier to hit hard as a new ranger? yes not arguing there. but if you go near a ranger then class needs a lot of skill to survive. On the other hand you think sin is easy? ok your opinion but try hitting something with a dagger, and dww gb will hit you hard only if they hit in unshield area and not that barb doesnt have easy mode stuff to play like AtG and aoe insta kb.
    True m8, there are really not many good rangers, most of them just run away when focused.
    When i said not to turn barb into easy mode class like ranger or sin it was referred to instant combos or abilities. Game play was dumbed down. I mean super fast combos with instant abilities applied after, and instant aoe dww or gb. 1 button fear and stun...
    For sin to really shine player need to be good but even bad ones can do nice or give you trouble, specially since they all wait for you to fight someone else and either do sneak attack or charge. they are totally lame and die easy, but like i said they can give you trouble.
    Bad barb wont give you trouble at all

The only classes that gave me a problem on my barb was Conqs and DTs.

They just take an insane amount of damage and their combos are faster and hit harder.

Barbs were great / OP when you could combo cancel and stay more mobile. I think the main problem now is that the butcher combos animation is to long.
    Which keeps you in one spot while the animation plays out making it easy for even bad players to land combos.

So I think making the animations shorter and maybe a slight bump in damage would go a long way for barbs
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

You can still do "combo jumping" for PvP. which is quite funny to do (it's quite hard to get at first)

Barb is a really fun class, and can take down pretty much anything in the game. I can take down most players with a bit of CCing and kiting around them. they can't land a combo.

Example of some PvP minis I did a few days ago

I'll post my spec in a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudded View Post
    You can still do "combo jumping" for PvP. which is quite funny to do (it's quite hard to get at first)

Barb is a really fun class, and can take down pretty much anything in the game. I can take down most players with a bit of CCing and kiting around them. they can't land a combo.

Example of some PvP minis I did a few days ago

I'll post my spec in a short while.
    Yes in mini games a barb can do great. Even more so if the other team has all noobies.

Does not change the fact that a good DT or Conq would easily **** a barb 1v1. Hell I made a noobie Conq and its retarded how easy barbs are to handle.

Now of course there are Conqs and DTs that are a walk in a park to kill. I'm talking skilled players which totally changes things IMO.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar
    Sure i agree that barb needs some slight tweeks, but only to fix some broken things , but please dont cry for barb changes. Dont turn it into easy mode class like ranger or sin.
    specially on the reaver side needs tweaks, DONT TURN THE CLASS EASY MODE

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu
    (...)but if you go near a ranger then class needs a lot of skill to survive.
    i disagree for one simple reason... most rangers on pvp minigames feat themselves up to full damage an k/d whoring because its easy, but, theres one ranger on crom server, a friend of mine, that i (barb) find it not easy to kill, and why, because he plays differently, plays for team instead of k/d, he, for example is the only ranger that steals stamina from me, and because of that, i cant use dash ability to regen more energy an run to him, also, my damage on him is always lower than other rangers. for all rangers, except that one, if i knockback them, they are dead, but that one, NO, and he also doesnt inflict has much damage has the other rangers inflict on me, that shows his feats are balanced for survive and dps, has many of us melee class do, but all rangers that i see go for full damage burst sacrificing any survival, thats why i say rangers dont need more survival, they jsut need to stop the k/d whoring

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl
    Well if you compare barb to sin, overall, barb is much easier to survive as than sin
    if you see some sins like zarini, zakila, renzi (crom server) play with they're sins you will think the other way around, believe me, against any class, they practically one-shot any class (maybe cause of t4 gear - comon funcom give us higher pvp gear ), never seen anyone of any class kill them in 1vs1, but, on the other hand, many other sins are easier to kill, but i think is cause they way too noobs, i recently created a sin and its very very easy, its like a ranger at close range instead of long range

Guys, listen please! None is listening what im saying.

Im saying about dmg. Not about how fun the class is, how hard the class is.

I love barbarian class, but im saying this is the worst rogue when you say something about dmg. And im not saying about animations of combos or how easy is to play a barb. Im saying we can kill ppl...everyone that is good can do nice score on minis, but im saying when you find a good player that play his class very well you will not kill him too fast.

For exemplo: Im a pvp 6 barb i can kill alot of demos pvp 8-10 very easy, but there are some demos that is immpossible to kill...cuz he is a damn good kiter and do ALOT of dmg. And im not saying only about one specific class, im saying about all.

Barbarians should be a dps class...but he isnt when you say about pvp. We have good cc? yes we have. We have good cc break? yes we have. We have a good dmg? no we dont if you compare to the other classes.

And now the point of the thread.
    We cant even beat a conq or dt on dps! Trust me! If we put to fight the best barbarian, against the best conq or dt. The barbarian will lose. And its because the barbarian is bad? No its because the barbarian have less armor and because the barbarian do less dmg on him. Barbs dont have less dmg, but do less dmg. I dont know if im clear.

A good player that play a conq or a dt, isnt only one tank. Nowadays they become a god.

Maybe barbs should have more penetration armor, i really dont know.
    Im ok against almost all classes, sometimes i win, sometimes i lose.
    But against conqs or dts, if they are geared i dont do dmg on them...it drives me crazy, cuz i have a better player skill, i hit more combos on him and when he hits me, bleh... he hits hard.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    if you see some sins like zarini, zakila, renzi (crom server) play with they're sins you will think the other way around, believe me, against any class, they practically one-shot any class (maybe cause of t4 gear - comon funcom give us higher pvp gear ), never seen anyone of any class kill them in 1vs1, but, on the other hand, many other sins are easier to kill, but i think is cause they way too noobs, i recently created a sin and its very very easy, its like a ranger at close range instead of long range
    Well most sins are fairly easy to kill in 1 vs 1 for a barb. Main problem being if they out gear you too much. But that's it. On Crom it's quite easy to play sin aswell to be honest. So many mages in minis and not that many dangerous tanks.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by panzarini View Post

Maybe barbs should have more penetration armor, i really dont know.
    Im ok against almost all classes, sometimes i win, sometimes i lose.
    But against conqs or dts, if they are geared i dont do dmg on them...it drives me crazy, cuz i have a better player skill, i hit more combos on him and when he hits me, bleh... he hits hard.
    First, why want balance in 1 vs 1 ? And second... why always compare yourselves to the most OP classes ingame who also happened to be the classes that have always been perfect anti-rogues. Especially when barbs are the rogues having the less problemes with them.
    Last edited by Vehl; 30th April 2013 at 00:51.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    First, why want balance in 1 vs 1 ? And second... why always compare yourselves to the most OP classes ingame who also happened to be the classes that have always been perfect anti-rogues. Especially when barbs are the rogues having the less problemes with them.
    Because i have a sin and a ranger and i can kill soldiers easier than with my barb...and all my toons have almost same gear and aas...

that is why

And im saying about 1x1 because even 1x1 it should be balanced...not only group against group

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast