Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbarian for pvp

Default Barbarian for pvp

I dont know how you guys feel...but im feeling bad about barbarians...i love this class and the style, but we are the weakest class of this game. We dont do a good dmg like the other rogues. We dont tank like the tanks so what is the point of this class?

CC breaks? the other rogues have the same.
    CC? we have 2 types only.

And about the dmg it does? Conqs and DT's, both tank classes, are doing more dmg than BArbarians...its insane and stupid.

Can funcom do something about it?
    Barbarian mean, strong and bloody guy.
    This class need a revamp as soon as possible. Its dieing.

I think it's a great and fun class. But no doubt that soldiers are over the top atm in one or more areas of the game.

the class was in the past the most powerfull, then funcom nerfed it down its damage output and revamps the others in a way they become better than barb and/or other classes...
    for me, the barbarian needs a damage increase in the zerker side, and maybe, a small revamp in the reaver for survival, at least one CC, damage burst for pve also

Quote Originally Posted by panzarini View Post
    CC breaks? the other rogues have the same.
    Yes but their feat trees make it much harder for them to go for them

CC? we have 2 types only.
    Yeah but all of them can hit multiple targets. Something the other rogues don't have in huge amounts.

I'm not going to say barb is the best class to get kills but 1 vs 1 it's a pretty good classe, speed buff makes it fun with high surviability plus making it hard for your targets to out run you. If you don't pay attention to the scoreboard at the end of a mini it's awesome to play, the speed, the movement, the cc breaks, the surviability, the diffrent game plays you can pick. My barb is actually the lowbie alt with which i have the best w/l ratio so i guess even if i don't get top kills i'm not useless either. I don't ask for more
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Yes but their feat trees make it much harder for them to go for them

Yeah but all of them can hit multiple targets. Something the other rogues don't have in huge amounts.

I'm not going to say barb is the best class to get kills but 1 vs 1 it's a pretty good classe, speed buff makes it fun with high surviability plus making it hard for your targets to out run you. If you don't pay attention to the scoreboard at the end of a mini it's awesome to play, the speed, the movement, the cc breaks, the surviability, the diffrent game plays you can pick. My barb is actually the lowbie alt with which i have the best w/l ratio so i guess even if i don't get top kills i'm not useless either. I don't ask for more
    Im not saying its not fun...i have alot of fun on it.
    Im just saying Barbs arent doing a good dmg compared with other rogues and with other classes. Even soldiers are doing much more dmg than barb.

I put this post here just to ask how we could revamp barb. I wont a OP class, but i want a competitive class that dont die easy for a soldier that should just tank and do a little dmg.
    Soldiers start in defensive, but when they cc you and we dont have the cc break for it, they put in frenzy and **** us very fast.

Maybe if they put a little more dps, on both reaver and zerk, and a better regen on barb it could be much better.

Maybe if they put a little more dps, on both reaver and zerk, and a better regen on barb it could be much better.
    I dont want to speak on how OP soldiers are, but in my opinion barb is best balanced class in game.
    Little more dps on reaver? Dont think it needs more dps, i wold love for reaver to have nice evade (better than current 15%) and maybe one cc of it own, so you end up with 3 cc if you spec reaver general.
    Zerker barb can deal nice burst with good gear and can survive a lot and also have super speed burst, also dont forget that butcher deals great dmg when crit. I would really hate if they temper it to much.
    The thing i love about barb is that you can spec it bit more ways than its possible with some other classes.
    Barb and hox are my favorite classes in this game, and when i play barb i feel useful in group, with all cc, aoe (i play bone shatter), speed...

I have seen some zerker barbs playing with decap build and ATG, and i guess that is solution for all you that want great dmg. Both are on 30 sec cd, and if you hit staggering blow before they will deal some nice burst. for instance knock, staggering blow, atg+finishing blow and decap is almost bye bye for clothies. With crit it is...

I would rather see other classes toned down a bit than barb buffed to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    I would rather see other classes toned down a bit than barb buffed to be honest.
    the problem comes from all other classes overpowered compared to the barb, in damage burst, damage mitigation, evade, etc, so either nerfing the others or giving something else to the barb to balance, not for the class it self, but against others, or the fights as a whole, it takes forever to kill a tank or a healer on 1vs1 and if they are pros, good luck...

the barb is balanced in zerker side in terms of CC, survival, damage, i aggree, but again, the others are too high compared to him...

on the reaver side, it lacks huge survival (15% evade is nothing, 288 healing and losing 5stacks of reaver stance is nothing), in terms of damage, there's lots of stuff, but again, comparing with other classes, they burst too little (even using reaver stance which will make you more vulnerable), the whirlwind is high burst damage but takes forever to finish the animation compared again to others (it has to be used on the right time or else wont give you advantage), the Too many too count ability is very good, but most useful with more than one enemy around but it takes 3min cooldown, and so on, the reaver tree i think lacks a lot of stuff both on pvp and pve (dts and conqs on frenzy surpass barbs on dps)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    the problem comes from all other classes overpowered compared to the barb, in damage burst, damage mitigation, evade, etc, so either nerfing the others or giving something else to the barb to balance, not for the class it self, but against others, or the fights as a whole, it takes forever to kill a tank or a healer on 1vs1 and if they are pros, good luck...

the barb is balanced in zerker side in terms of CC, survival, damage, i aggree, but again, the others are too high compared to him...

on the reaver side, it lacks huge survival (15% evade is nothing, 288 healing and losing 5stacks of reaver stance is nothing), in terms of damage, there's lots of stuff, but again, comparing with other classes, they burst too little (even using reaver stance which will make you more vulnerable), the whirlwind is high burst damage but takes forever to finish the animation compared again to others (it has to be used on the right time or else wont give you advantage), the Too many too count ability is very good, but most useful with more than one enemy around but it takes 3min cooldown, and so on, the reaver tree i think lacks a lot of stuff both on pvp and pve (dts and conqs on frenzy surpass barbs on dps)
    You are totally right.

Im not saying the barb isnt good, im not saying it isnt fun. Im just saying its weak if you compare with other classes.

Because of it im saying we need a dmg bump or a regen bump.
    You can play very well with your barb, but if you take a good solier on the other side he will **** you, trust me.

I play a barb and i do really good on it. Almost all minis i go positive, but soldiers are raping me really hard. If you look to the other rogues you will see that barbs need a little more dmg or burst dmg because he is the weakest rogue (im saying about dmg).
    Last edited by panzarini; 28th April 2013 at 19:41.

You are totally right.

Im not saying the barb isnt good, im not saying it isnt fun. Im just saying its weak if you compare with other classes.

Because of it im saying we need a dmg bump or a regen bump.
    You can play very well with your barb, but if you take a good solier on the other side he will **** you, trust me.

I play a barb and i do really good on it. Almost all minis i go positive, but soldiers are raping me really hard. If you look to the other rogues you will see that barbs need a little more dmg or burst dmg because he is the weakest rogue (im saying about dmg).
    O.k. you are whining how better other rogues are than barb, i dont agree. Maybe easier to play but not that better as you would like to sound.
    After that you are whining that soldiers can destroy you in a seconds. Well guess what they do to other 2 rogues even easier and faster, you as a barb at least stand a chance.
    And how is it weak when compared to other classes? I mean you have all tools to kill ranger, sin, hox, necro and demo 1v1 fast, you also have chance vs other classes if not played by pro players.
    With AM on, or both AM and haste+sprint (depend on your build) you are damn hard to hit and even if you are fighting those terrifying soldiers you stand chance (that is if you can land hits with all speed bufs and sprint on).
    Im not saying you will run around destroying everything that moves with barb, but you can be pretty damn good in killing department and can be great team player when you really learn to play it.

Is it easier to play sin or ranger? Yes it is, much easier. But that's why barb is much more fun.
    Sure i agree that barb needs some slight tweeks, but only to fix some broken things , but please dont cry for barb changes. Dont turn it into easy mode class like ranger or sin.

One more thing to all class players not just barb, please dont whine until you really master your class and have good knowledge to back up your whining.
    Ask yourself first can you improve something in your playing. I bet answer to most of us would be movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Is it easier to play sin or ranger? Yes it is, much easier.
    I totaly agree with all your points but I dont think that rangers/sins are easy mode. Have you seen many good rangers? I bet in all servers there are 2-3 players that can make the difference in a team. Is it easier to hit hard as a new ranger? yes not arguing there. but if you go near a ranger then class needs a lot of skill to survive. On the other hand you think sin is easy? ok your opinion but try hitting something with a dagger, and dww gb will hit you hard only if they hit in unshield area and not that barb doesnt have easy mode stuff to play like AtG and aoe insta kb.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast