Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian AA S&B?

Quote Originally Posted by joe-da-cro View Post
    sorry for necro but after doing guard or deliberate reprisal (pole) and switching to s/b will allow you to keep the 10% buff. unless this was patched out as a fix since September 2012. basically you have to switch at ~90% of the combo bar for guard. and ~95% for deliberate reprisal. basically you are cancelling the combo with the weapon switch and because the combo registers after the weapon switch the game gives you you the buff (seems the game is canceling the effect only after you switch weapons when the 10% buff is applied. meaning that the game doesn't read what primary weapon you have instead when you switch it just cancels it. ) also this is really best used in pve.

guard destroyer doesn't buff counterweight pole but does buff counterweight s/b
    Counterweight isn't very good, barly hits harder then overreach and the reconing is crap in defensive stance.

Id feat out protections,desicive/pressing strikes first then get stall the advance,forced engage, all depends on what you plan on tanking mostly.
    Im Fat.

Why doesn't this "Joe Da Crow" come back to the game and show us how amazing his skills are. Then maybe someone will actually listen to him.

Actions speak louder than forum trolls.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I have to test this switching from pole to s&b at 90% of castbar to keep +10% armour buff. It sounds like a comboskip era relic but who knows... I so rarely go s&b anyway. I know that you can keep the retributive damage buff at least.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I have to test this switching from pole to s&b at 90% of castbar to keep +10% armour buff. It sounds like a comboskip era relic but who knows... I so rarely go s&b anyway. I know that you can keep the retributive damage buff at least.
    You lose the armor bonus as soon you you swap weapons, retrib buff doesn't do much.
    Im Fat.

That's what I believe too but this guy is basically saying there's a glitch (which I am not able to reproduce). So unless I got the timing wrong it seems... incorrect.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That's what I believe too but this guy is basically saying there's a glitch (which I am not able to reproduce). So unless I got the timing wrong it seems... incorrect.
    This glitch worked 3 years ago. No longer works.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Why doesn't this "Joe Da Crow" come back to the game and show us how amazing his skills are. Then maybe someone will actually listen to him.

Actions speak louder than forum trolls.
    This comment is more trolling than any of his posts actually

Depending on the encounter
    I usually feat Chromatic Warding/Elusive nature for bossses that use magic
    Or possibly swap the constitution perk out for chromatic, possibly pressing strikes

Resolve, and Vindication for the second 2

and lastly stall the advance. Great for those who enjoy coffee and frequent breaks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12