Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian AA S&B?

Default Guardian AA S&B?

Hey!

Any pointers on what should I train in the AA tree? 1h&shield pve

any that will increase your health and protection and Resolve.

That depends abit on the fight, The two Constitution AA is really good, so are the Chromatic and Elusive nature.

If you're planning to maintank/solotank Hardmodes Stall the advance is very helpfull in the start before you get good gear.

Good luck
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

For continuous high aggro generation, counterweight combo.
    Best choice for bosses where you have a fast tank rotation.

Default guard destroyer

I tank mostly with pole as not doing high tier raids but think guard destroyer is not only debuff but also boost hate from combos. May be then shorter cd should be nice to have.

counter weight and the one which grants you new guard and cs combo.
    what you do is use the pole arm combo which replaces guard. and just as it is finishing you switch to S/B you will get the 10% armor buff and the ability. good for tanking the harder hitting bosses. you can also do it with guard but it is alot harder and timing needs to be right.

pardon me for not knowing the combos its been a while since i played

Quote Originally Posted by joe-da-cro View Post
    counter weight and the one which grants you new guard and cs combo.
    what you do is use the pole arm combo which replaces guard. and just as it is finishing you switch to S/B you will get the 10% armor buff and the ability. good for tanking the harder hitting bosses. you can also do it with guard but it is alot harder and timing needs to be right.

pardon me for not knowing the combos its been a while since i played
    Doesn't work, switching weapons removes the 10% armour buff. I do not know if it ever worked - but at least not for a long time. It's actually most annoying and noticeable for me in pvp - where switching weapons is mandatory. It may sound like a good idea to use this buff in duels, but since you'll need to switch weapons to use the defuff/extra kb/stam drain you're most likely not going to have +10% bonus armour.

And I am not convinced that Guard Destroyer buffs the hate from CW pole version either. At least in my experience it makes no noticeable difference - and since switching weapons removes the armour buff it's IMO not worth doing this poor debuff (short duration, long CD, most other classes debuff better than that).
    Last edited by kalston; 8th May 2013 at 06:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default guard destroyer

I think guard destroyer boost hate only from shield and sword combos also from from sword cw combo. But that was tip for me from t4 raiding guard. But I can not say how good it work because as I say before most of time I use pole for tanking and not use destroyer combo.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Doesn't work, switching weapons removes the 10% armour buff. I do not know if it ever worked - but at least not for a long time. It's actually most annoying and noticeable for me in pvp - where switching weapons is mandatory. It may sound like a good idea to use this buff in duels, but since you'll need to switch weapons to use the defuff/extra kb/stam drain you're most likely not going to have +10% bonus armour.

And I am not convinced that Guard Destroyer buffs the hate from CW pole version either. At least in my experience it makes no noticeable difference - and since switching weapons removes the armour buff it's IMO not worth doing this poor debuff (short duration, long CD, most other classes debuff better than that).
    sorry for necro but after doing guard or deliberate reprisal (pole) and switching to s/b will allow you to keep the 10% buff. unless this was patched out as a fix since September 2012. basically you have to switch at ~90% of the combo bar for guard. and ~95% for deliberate reprisal. basically you are cancelling the combo with the weapon switch and because the combo registers after the weapon switch the game gives you you the buff (seems the game is canceling the effect only after you switch weapons when the 10% buff is applied. meaning that the game doesn't read what primary weapon you have instead when you switch it just cancels it. ) also this is really best used in pve.

guard destroyer doesn't buff counterweight pole but does buff counterweight s/b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast