Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: idea/sugestion for improving gameplay mechanics for necromancer

+1 for the effort noite

I really hope Funcom reads this and listen to what the players want for once.

// Torilius/Ubermiley

Edited by Grizzly to clean thread up

i find builds for aoe with despoil the soul to be ok, main reason why necros who know how to play can reach highest single target dps ingame is because of other players buffs enhancing vastly performance of all melee pets, especialy a tos with all the team damage enhancing feats.

its why like i wrote especialy melee pets should be 2 point minions dealing the damage of 2 melee pets base white hits damage, to decrease the gains from team buffs who enhance each minion individualy with no limit.

this alone would potencialy reduce single target damage and at same time might potenciate making melee pets perform better in pvp;
    if and only if pet feats are like i described, each feat enhancing pets with no longuer having to have specific pets for specific roles, but rather have the feats choosen be the determination of what they will do and proc.

something like i trained the minion to do my bidding instead of each minion does better at one particular role, wich realy has been inadquate for most part since release of game.

anyways roll a necro and try to kill your brother with it on sin, and after that come say nerf dps
    Last edited by Grizzly; 9th May 2013 at 21:50.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

edited by Grizzly to clean thread up

from a pvp perspective necro has slow dps its not fast burst you need to prepare it.
    some spells simply dont work because the spell damage coeficients are too low and no amounts of magic damage make them working because of that.
    spells like decay or soul frost wich currently are realy crap could be improved by increasing the coeficints so its damage scales higher.
    so maybe you should play your necro in pvp a bit more to understand its problems a bit closer.

and like i said i realy dont want more dps i want more curses and complexity to gameplay to make necromancers have better group support tools/curses and better performance in pvp by this i mean actualy make necros be able to have reliable cc's and mid range debuffs/curses to suport group debilitating enemies to fall.

necro has 2 fears 2 roots for example, one of the fears no one uses anymore since its not instant fear upon death of minion anymore, and the unholy hands root simply doesnt work in pvp it always breaks almost same instant its casted.
    i mean deaths terror is an aoe centered on necromancer and needs to kill a minion wich was always ineficient but in the passed it was instant so it was usable in duels and in minigames, although in minigames usualy was better to keep minion closeby and not atacking or choosing it to only atack closest target so that fear would work.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 9th May 2013 at 21:51. Reason: cleaning thread up
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Hi Noite - just a heads up the old complainer is back for a short time - maybe a longer time if FC get the necro sorted this year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12