Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Playing from Germany on the US servers, get 40 MS.

You wish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    We already have 300+ ping now....

So no it would not be the same like sceava i live in Perth Australia and EU servers are unplayable 550-700 ping cant even move.
    US server 320-360 ping is normal for us and playable makes pvp a bit more challenging i will admit but such is life.

Now if the servers are all in the US and Eu is still getting 100-150 ping you guys have nothing to cry about we do fine on 350 ping so harden up and stop crying
    No cry, ppl will just quit AOC and resub on wow or just wait for TESO. Play battlefield3 more perhaps if they start seing latencies beyond 100ms... Fact man not cry. Not player base fault.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 28th April 2013 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    No cry, ppl will just quit AOC and resub on wow or just wait for TESO. Play battlefield3 more perhaps if they start seing latencies beyond 100ms... Fact man not cry. Not player base fault.
    Agree, even on EU i had lag spikes etc (maxed graphics thou, i can't play otherwise) and i seriously doubt i would play on US servers i would have to set all visuals to low i think but like i said, i can't play like that . I don't know where are TSW servers but i almost had no lag there at all, that is while i played few months ago.

Anyway that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Agree, even on EU i had lag spikes etc (maxed graphics thou, i can't play otherwise) and i seriously doubt i would play on US servers i would have to set all visuals to low i think but like i said, i can't play like that . I don't know where are TSW servers but i almost had no lag there at all, that is while i played few months ago.

Anyway that's just me.
    LMAO are people really so stupid these days that they think there fps and graphics have anything to do with latency at all????

Your graphics and internet connection to the server have nothing to do with each other.
    Graphics is just how good you computer is and latency is how far away from the server you are.

100-150 ping is great and anyone that complains is just crying for no reason play with 350+ all the time then talk to me
    Last edited by Osireis; 28th April 2013 at 18:41.

Now if the servers are all in the US and Eu is still getting 100-150 ping you guys have nothing to cry about we do fine on 350 ping so harden up and stop crying
    What a good moto... "Bouhou stop crying pansy, it could always be worse, harden up".

I seriously hope you don't run a business of any kind. "We cut off your hand. We could have saved it without amputation but heh, hardened up, it could always be worse. We could have cut your whole arm instead"

Seriously, excuse us for being worried and for wanting to play the game we like in the best condition possible.

As you say, Aussie are forced to play on the US server anyway, so they aren't really concerned by the location/displacement of the EU servers, right ? I'm not saying we should move US server to Europe, I'm saying it might be (ping-wise) a bad move to move the EU servers to USA. Even if we know QQing on a forum won't change a thing in the final decision from Funcom, I think it's fair to express our concerns.

And when Lerael when he says that "People don't like to play a game with 300ms+" when and state immediatly after that we should move all server to US because "europeans won't get hurt", I don't agree with the second part of the sentence because I do think european will have a 300+ latency, and as he said, people don't like 300+ latency.

I play EU/US AoC

100MS - EU Server
    120 (150) - US Server

Very playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    What a good moto... "Bouhou stop crying pansy, it could always be worse, harden up".

I seriously hope you don't run a business of any kind. "We cut off your hand. We could have saved it without amputation but heh, hardened up, it could always be worse. We could have cut your whole arm instead"
    haha i do actually run a very large and successful business doing security mainly bouncers and yes i do say to people that cry to much about being beaten up to harden up and it could have been worse they are just lucky iam in a good mood today

but yes iam concerned if they move the servers to the Eu then the game is physically unable to be played here so the US is the only choice for Aussies.
    Last edited by Osireis; 28th April 2013 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    it says 40 MS in game.
    So the in-game latency display is wrong, big deal! Or you believe in Santa Claus and God knows what else.

On some games I can make my ping look like it's 0 by fooling around with in-game or windows/router settings - but my actual latency remains unchanged. Want to know your real ping? Use a command line and do "ping -t" followed by AoC US (or EU) servers' ip. But even this can be inaccurate if your windows timer is messed up (happens mostly on laptops and OSses older than Win 7) because of the CPU up and down-clocking. Windows timer tester ( http://www.mediafire.com/?xzo9n84d8lze9nb ) can let your verify that : let it run a bit and see what the ratio looks like, if it's 0.999.. or 1.000.. it's good. If it's 0.90.. or 1.1.. it's BAD, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudded View Post
    I play EU/US AoC

100MS - EU Server
    120 (150) - US Server

Very playable.
    Your profile info says you're in the UK, so it sounds like realistic numbers and yes as I said a few posts before, people in the UK/Ireland (or Western Europe in general) will have not too much problem playing on US servers. But now think of all those people East of you...

But still, 120-150 ms isn't very fun against skilled people who have 20-30ms (talking about melee vs melee here, and not guards or conqs but classes like DTs, sins, barbs etc).
    Last edited by kalston; 28th April 2013 at 19:03.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

haha i do actually run a very large and successful business doing security mainly bouncers and yes i do say to people that cry to much about being beaten up to harden up and it could have been worse they are just lucky iam in a good mood today
    Haha well, ok, I have to admit that this kind of job are the exceptions which prove the rule

But well, I suppose we will have more precision about the servers in Joel's letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Haha well, ok, I have to admit that this kind of job are the exceptions which prove the rule

But well, I suppose we will have more precision about the servers in Joel's letter.
    i hope so as long as everyone can play equally then its ok an improvement would be better but we will have to wait and see.

but it would be huge bonus for the game to have such a population boost a merge like this would bring

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast