Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    I am away from aoc nearly 6 months. I live in İstanbul,Turkey. 20mbit fiber is my connection and i was playing with 75-120ms. Once i gave 1 year break coz of latency. My ms was around 150-200 and it was not playable. As a melee Player you have very low chance with +150 ms against an opponent which has Under 100ms. Dont compare Aoc with Tsw.. Latency is everything in Aoc..

Funcom is taking High risk this time. I hope they succeed. If they fail i am afraid but most of eu players will subscribe teso beta and spend their time by playing skyrim,gta5 till teso comes..
    Totally agree. Thats why my sub is on ice for now, waiting for feedback after move is complete, things have settled, within a reasonable time ofc. Testing an emty TestLive server will not give a good example of the ms you will experience on Live. My guess is an unsteady 150-250ms at best. Wich is unplayable as far as AoC goes.

Dont know what teso is, but them others sure will keep me entertained, if not AoC can deliver anymore.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Teso is elder scrolls online.

This is just typical Funcom make nonsense just before a new game comes out, like SWTOR with the laggs on Christmas for two years.

A wonder that AOC still exists with all the nonsense decisions.

Surely they relise theres gonna be a lot of peaved EU players that will just quit. Dont get it.

In all honestly you can play a melee character with 250 ping. I've been doing it for the past 4 years.

Is testlive server in the US? As fas as i remember ping was quite ok there.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    In all honestly you can play a melee character with 250 ping. I've been doing it for the past 4 years.
    Sure, i can allso jump on one foot down to the store. Doesent mean its effective, or fun to do so.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    Maybe at pve. But totally not at pvp. Sad but true.

I do well at PvP even with 250ping, play alright in the EU servers with 350 ping also. It just takes getting used to. But I do understand the differences.

I initially played on NA servers, since I'm from Brasil. The latency ranged between 260-300 mS. On EU servers where I play now, it's about 330-380 usually, but lucky as I am, it increases to 420-490 in pvp =)

I hate soloclickers and play melee instead, so there isn't much difference dealing with annoying brazilian nerds on NA servers or hateful Ivans using 1g potions and <100 mS even playing from Siberia. When they lose, they'll all say I play conqueror not because of the lag-friendly 360 attacks, but because its "OP". So whatever, I'm screwed anyway.

But trading + 40 mS to be able to learn german/french and other languages while I play seems worthy, at least.

Aah yeah. Honestly funcom. this move counts me out from ever coming back fully. latency was one of the reasons i still subbed where other games had lots.

As an eu player going to 120-170 ping from 20 (not counting the constant lag spikes) is pretty much unforgivable. theres no butts about this. no money going into a game that i cant play responsivly. nada. It makes my decision REAL easy. So i guess i should thankyou for that.

How the hell you think you can maintain low ping time and enjoyable play experience for eu players by moving our servers to US is just completely beyond me. hasnt worked for any other game and wont work for this one.

doesnt matter what good stuff you add now. if ping is high im out. simple as that. barring all other questionable descision made over the course of this games history.