Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshakess View Post
    You said it yourself. The population for the US servers was ever decreasing. The decreasing started long before pug minis came out. Please look up the term "correlation vs causation".

I played on a pvp server since launch and actively pvp'ed the whole time. The pug mini patch did not cause a mass exodus as you would lead people to believe. The number of minis drastically increased with that patch. Before the patch people would gravitate to larger pvp-centric guilds so they would have a better chance to pug stomp. People in small guilds or pve guilds hardly signed up for minis with a few exceptions. Once the pug patch came out, it opened doors to a much larger percentage of the community. We no longer had to wait till evening when the right players logged in. Minis started popping all time time.

Your last statement is also misleading . It is not possible to obtain good pvp gear through Bori alone. You still need 400+ mini tokens.
    i witnessed the same during a few months after pure pug signups many solo players who never did minigames started to be more active.

although only witnessed smaller guilds merging with big ones to be able to farm bori then bigest guilds allied together so they could farm bori whole day with a raid whenever enough people would gather to fight them they would only bring a second raid and then leave a raid of people farming whole day.
    many left game over thbori and efect it did on guilds.

like i mentioned not allowing people to be in same team for minigames was just another factor in the failure of aoc pvp, or lack of pvp content to be more acurate.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Even PVP is good. Eliminate gear gaps and have players determine the outcome. I have a full PVP T2 conq with T3 crafted, but I support this. Win because you're good, not because you're geared. And I'm not good, so I'll probably lose a lot.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    ... It's weird, 'simple', and just doesn't work ultimately because it's pwned by extremly easily obtained gear from other area's (Khitai....you can enter Warmonks and KP at 16) compared to the complexity of obtaining materials for even the most basic of gear.
    The old crafting system has everything a crafting system needs. You have to collect a lot of raw materials, you have to trade with other players for the semi-finished goods, and you have to have a recipe to make the final products. This is like a crafting system should be imo.

Only thing is that the crafting hasn´t been enhanced with RotGS, so there is no reason to craft at all. But if Funcom would implement some new recipes for goods that are on par with Khitai purple (with the corresponding effort) crafting would become meaningful again.

And getting the Khitai faction purples mostly is not "entering warmonks two times and being fully equipped". You need 196 hm token for each helmet or chest, and 248 for the legs if you are unlucky. So I would appreciate the possibility to get similar equip with an alternate method than running khitai 6 hundreds and hundreds of times.

Besides, I saw the crafting system in TSW, it´s complete bs imo. If they plan to implement this in AoC this would kill crafting for me completely.

Edit: Removed my epic rant.
    Thank you, sir
    Last edited by Karadok; 27th April 2013 at 13:06.

I'm glad they are changing the crafting system. I like complex crafting systems with lots of customization.

The one we have now is simple and boring.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    Besides, I saw the crafting system in TSW, it´s complete bs imo. If they plan to implement this in AoC this would kill crafting for me completely.

From the live stream I watched I don't think its anything ike the system in TSW.

Looked much better in my opinion and I like the fact we can change the appearance of weapons / armor which will allow us to not look like everyone else.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

The video of new crafting is not unlike TSW. The material placement is just as bad, only difference I saw is the template to place things.

What that needs is right click to place mats when you have crafting window open. If we have to drag 7 items every time we want to craft an item, that will really suck.

Kinda worried about loot drop implications since everyone will be rolling, but I do welcome the ability to melt items for mats. I suppose it will be like TSW in fact, that dropped items aren't the best.

I do hope we will be able to craft better than drops. Would re-invigorate old dungeons and everything.
    Last edited by Invino; 27th April 2013 at 14:45.

You should be able to craft just as good stuff as from raids if you are lucky! Really wants this update into the game. the crafting now sucks.
    No Guts No Glory!

Spoken words are often misunderstood, taken out if context, or flat out desires without possible delivery ( mostly politicians on the last one ) I always what till I see the 1) written info and 2) the result before I get happy, sad or anything else speculation is always an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i can only laugh at how distorted your views are.
    its pure mockery claiming that random minigames are competitive in anyway, quite the oposite it ruined anyone trying to even try and have teamplay to complete minigames objectives.

group vs player mentality??? ruined pvp???
    how is that even remotly true when the time where keshatta had 3-5 instances at prime time of either lonely players or small 3-4 man groups where around fighting each other, and for the most part many shared my thrills in aoc of fighting superior numbers with small forces and have fun doing it.
    solo players who dont want to pvp or get ganked should never be on pvp server, you either fight back and get help if needed or leave.

your last claim about bori is fantastic.
    you have no idea how many times i went there sometimes even alone just to disrupt farming.
    at some point its just boring you go in alone or with a friend or 2 kill them they all zone out and zone is empty for hours on end.
    have even been called a cheater recently by a bori farming f2p wich vowed to expose me as a cheater cause i ganked him and his friends in bori on my necro.

my best pvp times in this game were in aquilonia fighting bigger groups with small group of friends and ofc the realy great sieges had with exalted guild in aquilonia were we won by better tactics.
    Yes, you can only laugh because you can not argue with any fact or logic behind it. You really thing that a pre-made of guildies in vent vs. random puggers is MORE competitive then 2 groups of puggers? You are completely delusional if you really thing that.

As for the Group vs. Player mentality killing pvp. Uh.. yeah. Every single day people were quitting the game when the free trials first started, and when f2p first started, because they couldn't get off of tortage due to all the gank squads running around on the pvp servers making it impossible for them to level up and attempt to be competitive. Not to mention those level 25's were twinked out. This was a daily occurrence that all the "new" players would say "screw this crap, I don't even have a chance to be competitive" and uninstalled. So yes, I watched this happen on two different servers. Do not even pretend that it didn't happen.

For the bori thing, you seemed to have at least gotten the point. Kill the newbs who want to bang rocks for levels and chase them out. Wouldn't you rather see bori empty then being used by people who can't pvp? Or get a group of 6 friends together, call out people in globle to take you on and have all the pvp you would want without banging a single rock.

As for your best pvp times, killing larger groups with smaller groups of friends. I have to agree with you there 100%.

Im seriously hoping servers don't move to US. my latency will jump from 60-80 ms to 100-200 ms and that will be simply be unacceptable for all EU players.