Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Blood is Thicker"

Default Like a Moth to its Flame, Part VI

This is the continuation of "Like a Moth to its Flame", a plot that grew to be much larger then first intended. But we sure had fun!

Like a Moth to its Flame, Part VI

Elyssa had been sitting at the table for a while when she turned and saw Balorac seated not far from her. She frowned, she would have heard him. She can’t begin to slip now; she was way in too deep to begin to make such mistakes. She rose and walked over to the table where he was sitting. When she was close enough she cleared her throat to get his attention. When she did not get any answer she crocked a brow and went back to her seat again. From her seat she looked at him curiously, it was clear that his mind was elsewhere. It was funny though, she had never thought of him as the meditate type.

Elyssa sipped her wine and let her gaze wandered over the Inn. Courtesans were competing to get the attention of those who seemed not to have brought their own slaves with them. She heard the faint sound of someone coming closer, soft steps and the distinguishable sound of armour.

Balorac glanced down at Elyssa. “I am sorry for not responding earlier... I was lost in thought... “He muffled away some amulet he was clasping.

“So I see...what brings you over to my table then?” She lets her eyes wander along his armour and to his face. He looked worn and tired.

“I felt... I think I vaguely registered you coming to my table...”

“I did..? Must have been a lapse of judgement...”

“Oh... I am sorry... please forget I mentioned it then...” He looked like a beaten dog and turned around to walk back to his table.

Elyssa picked up her wine glass and looked at his back. “So you’re going to leave without any fight...?”

Balorac stopped and turned around slowly. “Is that what this is about?”

“I don’t even know what this is about.. You have searched my company for some time now and I don’t know why?”

“I am wondering about that myself...”

“You scold me for being part of a clan you apparently despise and then you come running back…”

“Well, you told me that you were not part of that group of people anymore so what remains is a beautiful woman that once was my loved ones friend... I am not sure if I need more reason. But if you doubt my motives I find myself without evidence to the contrary, dear lady Elyssa.”

“I served under your beloved wife. I held her in the highest respect...”

“There was never any doubt about that.”

Elyssa pondered a bit and put down her wine. With some effort she rose to her feet and walked up to him. Balorac looked at her warily.

“I have no idea what you’re up to... Or what you want for me? But if you want my trust... Which is something I don’t give lightly... You’re have to earn it...”

Balorac swallowed hard and nodded. “I understand that. I think trust is a good start.” For some reason he started to chuckle.

Elyssa looked at him .. Like she was calculating.

“You know what is funny?”

Elyssa frowned. “What?”

“I am not sure if I can trust you, but I am getting to a point where I don't care that much anymore.”

She looked a bit bewildered.

“I... I have been alone. Very lonely.” He said low, almost to himself and avoided her eyes.

“Lonely?... But what has that to do with anything?” She sounded a bit impatient.

He straightened his face and looked up. “Nothing whatsoever. Forget I ever said it...” He seemed to have found his composure again.

“So how does a man go about earning your trust, lady Elyssa?”

“It’s easy.....” She leaned in on him smiling. She got real close to him, he could smell her perfume and feel her breath on his skin.

“Is that so?” He stood still like a rock, a smile playing on his lips.

She whispers and her lips are almost touching his neck. “Give me back my child.”

He inched back and looked at her confused. ” Begging your pardon? I don't have your child.”

With that said she tried to walk past him, crashing into his shoulder getting him off balance. She turned towards him a few steps away and said with a smile on her lips. “Then get her.”

Balorac was off balanced for moment as he tried to whirl around. “But where in hell is your child?”

Elyssa walked off.

Balorac shouted after her. “Wait!” He followed her quickly when she ignored him and reached for her elbow and pulled her back.

She did not even bother to look at him. “That is for you to find out!”

“Is that what all this is about? He looked at her intently. “You think I took your child...I never have had your child, Elyssa. But I will get it for you, if that's what you desire...”

“You have blackthorn at your command... All those mercenaries... you make it happen... And then, maybe then... I can accept your feelings towards me...” She looked up at him with a smirk on her lips.

“Well well... finally some honesty here...” Balorac grinned and released the grip on her elbow. He shortly walked out of the Inn afterwards.

Elyssa looked clearly annoyed, even angry when she watched him leave. She tossed the wineglass on the floor and it shattered leaving red stains on the carpet.

Balorac swing the door of the inn open so hard on the way out that he tore one hinge off the wall. The sound of laughter could be heard erupting from an alcove close.

15th January 2012, 20:01
    Lady Elyssa of the House Aithne
    ~ Triath of the Fearghal Clan ~
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

Is cumhacht í an eolas - Knowledge is power
    ~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default Old entry from Silvara-CF

Silvara-CF - Bear Shaman Cimmerian // Clan Fearghal // English server Aquilonia PvP-RP

thumbs up for my girl! Keep up the good work! *love*

14th March 2012, 23:53
    Lady Elyssa of the House Aithne
    ~ Triath of the Fearghal Clan ~
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

Is cumhacht í an eolas - Knowledge is power
    ~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234