1. Nostalgia, first MMORPG I played.
    2. Realistic scenery.
    3. The combat system.
    4. World PvP when leveling.
    5. The music.

1) REH and Conan
    2) Combat system/fatalities/animations
    3) No "elves", "orcs" and "dwarves"
    4) Mature game and audience (at least it used to be 2-3 years ago)
    5) Soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    1. Agree with HoX. Most unique class even though it has been left without love for years and therefore is outdated. ..
    I like to think it is the only class that was never broken. Why change something oh-so-perfect?

As for the list ... love everything really. Why else would I play it for 4 years almost and I hate MMOs?

1. pvp combat system
    2. Robert Howards world, hate cartoon mmos
    3. friends
    cant find other reasons, maybe hope that new GD will fix pvp in this game giving guild based group pvp content
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 24th April 2013 at 15:04.

I do think the music and environments (and okay, Bear Shaman!) are also outstanding compared to other games. But the stuff I miss when I play another game is, oddly, a different list. And, interestingly, 3 of the 5 things of my list didn't exist in the first couple years of the game.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

So you know that we mods still do play too I'll bite on this one.

1. Raiding
    2. Fatalities
    3. Combat System
    4. Architecture
    5. Cuz it's the best game ever!

I could easily list more than 5 but I think that's probably the main ones. I still wish PoMs and rangers had better fatalities, and I'm not as well versed in all of the classes as I'd like to be (there are a few I just can't grasp well) but overall this is this game blows me away. Yes, there are things I'd like to see fixed, revamped, enhanced, expanded, etc. But when I log in, I feel like I'm home.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

1.) No "factions", meaning no automatic seperation of players based on race, or what have you. It opens the window for players to group with, or fight against anyone.

2.) Combat system and movement. Since I started playing AoC, I've judged other games by it, and they've all fallen short in terms of the feel of combat, the manner in which you move about to avoid blows/spell effects, and jumping. Looks realistic, and doesn't feel like one is "floating" too long whilst jumping. Also, there's not an auto attack, meaning players must actually do all the work for the white hits, and choose the correct direction to attack in.

3) Graphics. This game in direct x 10 with high settings looks insane.

4) The ability to customize your "alter ego" from the very moment of its creation, to the vanity tab that someone mentioned. Not just a few heads, or body types to choose from.

5) Endgame content: it is some of the best that I have played. Not only the raids, but even the six mans. This game gives a pve'er a reason to want to play any given class, and has a role and responsibility for every one.

Social Rejects

Visit us at: www.srejects.com

(1) Open World PvP: Probably the best part of the game, making the guild you join and working as a team necessary to not get face rolled.

(2) Combat/Fatalities/Combat animations: Very unique and something that holds me to this game.

(3) Conan Lore: I loved reading the Conan books as a kid, and playing the game and revisiting that lore is pretty awesome. It's why when I play I'm always reminded of how much more content this game could have, how much unexplored regions we could have seen.

(4) Classes: The classes of this game are pretty awesome. I like a lot of classes and have geared out pretty much every class in the game via 6 mans.

(5) Progression: You have to work for the items and gear that you get. This makes it better once you finally achieve something in the game. This is a love/hate thing for me though.

Because I love it and still have so much fun. Period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast