Thread: PvP IH spec and AAs

Default PvP IH spec and AAs

Good evening, fellow bears.

I recently returned to the game after a long break and decided to turn my neglected shaman alt into a new main. I am currently in pve T1 gear, with more or less no AA.
    Because of the low gear and AA level I am opting for an IH spec. Might do muti once I can fall back on better gear.

Now, first of all; can you recommend me a good spec for IH? I know more or less what I need but your input is welcome.

Secondly; what do I need in terms of AA? FG seems like an obvious choice, but apart from that? Since I have no experience with AAs, I would love it if you could speak in newb-friendly terms and manners

Kind regards,

I'm on my phone which doesn't work well with the spec websites but as far as AAs go... max ursine bond asap. it's really the game changer for pvp imo, but you have to use it right. every time I use ursine crush it is usually as a predicted anti cc and not for actually stunning someone. pay attention to people tendencies and you'll find you can easily guess when the snap kick, or detonate, or kb trap, etc is coming.... not to mention how helpless rangers are when you charge through their traps immune to ccs. ursine bond DOES activate on charge even though I do not think the description says so.

as far as spec goes... I'm not sure why it changed but pre revamp I was almost always pvp muti specced on a pvp server and wracked up the kills while supporting my team but now on a pve server after revamp with much worse competition I found IH build much better. can't explain it but there it is.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

http://goo.gl/ES0l1

That's a good IH spec, especially if you're lacking gear etc. The biggest thing while having poor gear is staying alive long enough to support your team to get the win.

As far as AA's go, Feral Growl and either Ursine Bond(very good choice until you get 4 or 5 points in the AA CC break) or Maul(very fast snare).

Thank you both, much appreciated.

Would you change anything with that spec once gear levels are, say, high?

Also, other AAs - should they focus on protection and defenses or offensive stats?
    By the way, is claws of life the claw of choice in this build?
    Last edited by Nevsky; 23rd April 2013 at 20:18.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    http://goo.gl/ES0l1

That's a good IH spec, especially if you're lacking gear etc. The biggest thing while having poor gear is staying alive long enough to support your team to get the win.

As far as AA's go, Feral Growl and either Ursine Bond(very good choice until you get 4 or 5 points in the AA CC break) or Maul(very fast snare).
    ursine bond will negate kbs.... aa cc break will not. always ursine bond over maul imo.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    ursine bond will negate kbs.... aa cc break will not. always ursine bond over maul imo.
    How much does the duration increase per point in Ursine Bond?
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    So will a smart double tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    How much does the duration increase per point in Ursine Bond?
    I'm not sure if it is linear or not but it is 4 or 5 seconds at 5/5 ursine bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    So will a smart double tap.
    Can't double tap mid charge through a ranger trap.

After the first few points immunity on charge stays the same at around 1.5-2.5 seconds depending on how far the opponent is. After the stun with full bond it's 4 sec.

Thanks again. I know roughly what to aim for. However;
    Generally in AAs, are you of the opinion to aim for damage or protection/defenses in the lower tiers?

Second, given the choice between full t2 and PvP tier 1 (pvp level 5), what would you choose to wear?

Regards,
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...