Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Critigation

So would it be fair to say that khitai mobs only crit about 30% of the time and depending on your gear about half of those crits get critigated = critigation works on 15% of hits you take and only on the critical portion. I wonder how much overall damage as a percentage critigation really mitigates.

This is based on the worm data and different mobs might have higher chance to crit and/or higher critigation damage score. In some fights Elusive Nature might not be as effective as other AA's. eg. Pressing/Decisive would help a DT to do higher life taps to compensate for damage taken.

I have been slotting Elusive Nature whenever I'm in Khitai but perhaps this is the wrong way to go?

i actually have almost never elusive nature slotted, only a few bosses where i know they crit like hell, or if u tank with a weaker tank its a good perk to increase surv. while decreasing aggro ^^

Frankly, you don't need elusive nature slotted all the time.

You can use it mainly for very hard hitting bosses in pug situation, when you don't know how will be the healing and team overall and need to play it safe.

Depending on your gear, i would recommend to use elusive when you have to solo tank flame, coppice, the little bird in den, jade (boss and mobs crit like madmen), Ti'anan.
    That's pretty much it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Frankly, you don't need elusive nature slotted all the time.

You can use it mainly for very hard hitting bosses in pug situation, when you don't know how will be the healing and team overall and need to play it safe.

Depending on your gear, i would recommend to use elusive when you have to solo tank flame, coppice, the little bird in den, jade (boss and mobs crit like madmen), Ti'anan.
    That's pretty much it i think.
    You need it for IMP (if you are tanking it) and it doesnt hurt for Emperor and Entity projections.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I don't have the same experience, i tank them all on conq, dt and guard without elusive.
    Actually, i only use elusive on the emperor's golems, because they sure hit hard.

This is something I posted a long time ago in our old forums. Here's a link to a critigation table I devised to help work out gear/feat tradeoffs: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/p...kJ0MV9yTWo5Y0E

How to use that table?
    - Work out your critigation factor. For example if your critigation chance is 80% and critigation amount is 50%, your critigation factor is 0.8 x 0.5 = 0.4.
    - How often does the mob crit? Most mobs that can crit tend to do so at around 35%.
    - Cross reference critigation factor and mob crit chance. In this example, 0.4 and 35% gives 5.96% damage reduction on average.
    - Swap gear/feats around. Repeat calculation. Pick option that gives you best damage reduction. Don't forget that even w/o Elusive Nature slotted you still have some critigation chance.

Mobs/bosses often have different attacks with different crit chances. Use ACT parser to do a detailed analysis.

*Math buffs* I assume that crit damage is 1.5 normal damage - could be higher if mob has critical damage rating. The equation for mitigation: 1-((1-mob crit chance)+mob crit chance+(mob crit chance*0.5*(1-critigation factor)))/expected mob damage.

IMO it is ridiculous to have to do this sort of analysis to determine what gear is most suitable to wear and feats to slot. As a rule of thumb, just wear the best gear you have that matches the type of damage the boss/mob does, and use your best feats that's appropriate for the fight. If you had the patience to work out your best combinations, I'm pretty sure you'd discover only a few percent difference in damage reduction between them so it shouldn't make or break the fight.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Wink crit and aggro

problem solved , without too much math, SIMPLE MECHANICS, ,red bar goes up, red bar goes down , two healers, two tanks, not enough dps, not geared enough, nothing is never perfect enough for one particular individual, maybe your fault, or your best buds, but we always find someone to blame,. stay humble my friends! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalicus View Post
    problem solved , without too much math, SIMPLE MECHANICS, ,red bar goes up, red bar goes down , two healers, two tanks, not enough dps, not geared enough, nothing is never perfect enough for one particular individual, maybe your fault, or your best buds, but we always find someone to blame,. stay humble my friends! lol
    Dafuq did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Dafuq did I just read?
    I got lost at red bar goes up and down.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    This is something I posted a long time ago in our old forums. Here's a link to a critigation table I devised to help work out gear/feat tradeoffs: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/p...kJ0MV9yTWo5Y0E

How to use that table?
    - Work out your critigation factor. For example if your critigation chance is 80% and critigation amount is 50%, your critigation factor is 0.8 x 0.5 = 0.4.
    - How often does the mob crit? Most mobs that can crit tend to do so at around 35%.
    - Cross reference critigation factor and mob crit chance. In this example, 0.4 and 35% gives 5.96% damage reduction on average.
    - Swap gear/feats around. Repeat calculation. Pick option that gives you best damage reduction. Don't forget that even w/o Elusive Nature slotted you still have some critigation chance.

Mobs/bosses often have different attacks with different crit chances. Use ACT parser to do a detailed analysis.

*Math buffs* I assume that crit damage is 1.5 normal damage - could be higher if mob has critical damage rating. The equation for mitigation: 1-((1-mob crit chance)+mob crit chance+(mob crit chance*0.5*(1-critigation factor)))/expected mob damage.

IMO it is ridiculous to have to do this sort of analysis to determine what gear is most suitable to wear and feats to slot. As a rule of thumb, just wear the best gear you have that matches the type of damage the boss/mob does, and use your best feats that's appropriate for the fight. If you had the patience to work out your best combinations, I'm pretty sure you'd discover only a few percent difference in damage reduction between them so it shouldn't make or break the fight.
    The whole issue for me is that it's clear that certain mobs have a ton of critical dmg rating. Some examples for me where a crit seems way above 1.5x a normal hit is the first boss in AI, crowmen, golems on emperor fight. A former guild member of mine has a log in message from a critigated attack from the first boss in AI.... think it was something like XXX hits you for 3500 dmg (you mitigate 2000 dmg of XXX's attack). Finding out what bosses crit like that and what bosses crit like normal is the real key to knowing when to slot elusive.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast