Thread: Crafting Suggestion - 5 Year Aniversary - Something for everyone

Default Crafting Suggestion - 5 Year Aniversary - Something for everyone

Just a suggestion, but something I know is / always has been a gripe of crafters.

To help appease the crafting community with all the delays could you please expand the CRAFTING RESOURCE inventory for say the 5 Year aniv. Or even offer baggs that would expand this. Or even better add resource space to all the existing bags the same as regular inventory space ( bought the jumbo NUL bag way back and was a bit disapointed it did nothing for resource space.. semi rippoff)

No matter what the new crafting is like it will require inventory. Currently it is extremely frustrating, and from what you have shown in the revamp vids the resource item counts wont be going down, so this means it will continue to be frustrating for crafters.

Anyways dont know if it would be a huge coding change, but it seems that since there is already the coding for regular inventory then this shouldnt be too much different. Also it would be a hot seller (i know i have at least 4 toons that would buy.

If this isn't feasible, then how about just one part of the promised crafting revamp - removing Jealous Prospector spawn? Or at the very least, reducing the chance of spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    If this isn't feasible, then how about just one part of the promised crafting revamp - removing Jealous Prospector spawn? Or at the very least, reducing the chance of spawn.
    I like that digging keeps one on his toes! Spawning mobs is essential and interesting.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I like that digging keeps one on his toes! Spawning mobs is essential and interesting.
    I be fine with it if Jealous Prospectors weren't so persistent. I've had 100% nodes in resource zones where I spawned as many as 12 JPs, and as many as 4 between successful taps.

I'd be happy if they were just limited in number, and long ago suggested that there be a 20-25 second debuff after spawning one so that you shouldn't get two in a row unless you take your time between taps and would get four from a single node only when your luck is horrible. That's enough to break farming bots and keep honest players on their toes.

But since the devs have said that Jealous Prospector spawn were going to be removed with the craft revamp, it seems like it could be done any time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    I be fine with it if Jealous Prospectors weren't so persistent. I've had 100% nodes in resource zones where I spawned as many as 12 JPs, and as many as 4 between successful taps.

I'd be happy if they were just limited in number, and long ago suggested that there be a 20-25 second debuff after spawning one so that you shouldn't get two in a row unless you take your time between taps and would get four from a single node only when your luck is horrible. That's enough to break farming bots and keep honest players on their toes.

But since the devs have said that Jealous Prospector spawn were going to be removed with the craft revamp, it seems like it could be done any time they want.
    Yeah, same here. Just stupid amounts of spawns. Although, I quite often have them now as the mini-boss'. Which means free gems, leather etc, but the rate does get quite annoying. Thos spawns were orinally meant to stop bot's, but from what I've seen floating about resource zones, that's not really very relevent anymore.

You can do what I did, I ended up buying extra bank space and have 2 complete windows on my toon I craft with now. 1 whole slot is nothing but mats etc, with rares and shards in it. Just a suggestion!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    You can do what I did, I ended up buying extra bank space and have 2 complete windows on my toon I craft with now. 1 whole slot is nothing but mats etc, with rares and shards in it. Just a suggestion!
    Already doing this. Even have 8 toons with seperate guilds just for the extra bank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Just a suggestion, but something I know is / always has been a gripe of crafters.

To help appease the crafting community with all the delays could you please expand the CRAFTING RESOURCE inventory for say the 5 Year aniv. Or even offer baggs that would expand this. Or even better add resource space to all the existing bags the same as regular inventory space ( bought the jumbo NUL bag way back and was a bit disapointed it did nothing for resource space.. semi rippoff)

No matter what the new crafting is like it will require inventory. Currently it is extremely frustrating, and from what you have shown in the revamp vids the resource item counts wont be going down, so this means it will continue to be frustrating for crafters.

Anyways dont know if it would be a huge coding change, but it seems that since there is already the coding for regular inventory then this shouldnt be too much different. Also it would be a hot seller (i know i have at least 4 toons that would buy.
    Just what i thought, when i saw a video about the new crafting revamp (from 2012 though). They had lots of shiny new resources and it is not sure yet, which of the old ones stay (especially architect, alchemy etc.).

Now imagine you are a collector AND a crafter (full bank space for the vanity/unique stuff and full resource bag (on more than one toon) for crafting...

The basic resource space (for normal inventory the bags and expansions are nice, but basic space especially for f2p not) is way too small. One more page of basic bank space, and one page for resource and quest and inventory would help a lot. Right now even with full bank expansion (and they are NOT buyable accountwide) one char can have full bank all the time Not even mentioning that f2p has less resource and quest space and NO way to expand that atm.

The question, if this will change for the better or worse is a real good one...

Part of the crafting revamp will hopefully involve some change-up to the guild city system, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Annoying and frustrating is the word you are looking for
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela