Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The ONE thing I like most about PvP is....

that its one of Funcoms Priorities in AOC -

Oh wait....nvm doh

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    The ONE thing I like most about PvP is....
    Open-world PvP: the heart-pounding excitement of ambushing or being ambushed, the blood lust I taste on my tongue during whirling, unpredictable battles (especially when I have been jumped during a quest) and the sense of danger I get from playing on a PvP server.

It fits my idea of PvP-RP and makes the world feel gritty, real and dangerous. AoC does this well and no other MMO has made me feel so furious and excited.

Missing Aquilonia PvP-RP server and friends.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Cool

One thing what I love in AoC PvP is this.After killing the player he is calling u bad,start swearing at u,calling u names,calling u haxer and raging in PM's or global...
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Fatalities -- My favorite AoC PvP aspect.

Start an Alternate Fatality Advancement tree!
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Open-world PvP: the heart-pounding excitement of ambushing or being ambushed, the blood lust I taste on my tongue during whirling, unpredictable battles (especially when I have been jumped during a quest) and the sense of danger I get from playing on a PvP server.

It fits my idea of PvP-RP and makes the world feel gritty, real and dangerous. AoC does this well and no other MMO has made me feel so furious and excited
    This guy put it best. Although mid level pvp is dead due to offline levels. Everyone gets to 30 then offlines to 80 and has little to no knowledge about the class. I believe for this reason most new players never sub. They get to lvl 40 and then it is a ghost town till 80. Everyone will hate me for saying this, but wipe all the servers make them all fresh start after the merg and remove offline levels and do some big promotion to bring new players. Have them experience that thrill of leveling with tons of characters in the zone. Once you are able to put that person in a heart pounding environment through all levels (including tortage) there is no way people could not love the game(just read all the open world posts in this thread). People sign up to play a MMORPG if you can't offer masses of people to play with at all levels then they might as well play a single player game like Skyrim.
    In conclusion, Open world in low to mid levels was by far the best days for me and almost any PVPer I know.

Talking

After all the years of playing and seeing all the things you worked hard for come together(Gear, AA's, PVP 10 rank, and your skills playing). With all that coming together... watching people run away from you in minis is the ****! Happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    that thrill of leveling
    i have a problem with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    Fatalities -- My favorite AoC PvP aspect.

Start an Alternate Fatality Advancement tree!
    Totally agree.

/signed.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Totally agree too. Make it happen as a "really not a priority thing", but has to be done. It's as useless as it is cool, so it's something intersting to add I think.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456