Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open World PvP System: Daily Quests

Smile Open World PvP System: Daily Quests

A simple solution to the most popular demand of the PvP Community:

Introduce Daily PvP quests - "Kill X players in zone Y at spot Z."

Zone and spot rotate everyday, all old world zones should be utilized. Upon entering the zone, solo players or groups of up to 6 players are randomly assigned to one of two teams.

The designated zone should also yield an increase in Kill XP and loot.

Diminishing returns and community scorn should prevent exploiting.

As I am not a programmer or game designer, I would like to know how hard it would be to introduce such a feature, all it takes is 1 daily quest to get a huge increase in content for PvPers.

/discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by bastii View Post
    A simple solution to the most popular demand of the PvP Community:

Introduce Daily PvP quests - "Kill X players in zone Y at spot Z."

Zone and spot rotate everyday, all old world zones should be utilized. Upon entering the zone, solo players or groups of up to 6 players are randomly assigned to one of two teams.

The designated zone should also yield an increase in Kill XP and loot.

Diminishing returns and community scorn should prevent exploiting.

As I am not a programmer or game designer, I would like to know how hard it would be to introduce such a feature, all it takes is 1 daily quest to get a huge increase in content for PvPers.

/discuss.
    yes plz this month <3
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Why not keep it realistic and start asking for the simple part, daily pvp quests in open world...

Whenever you start talking about more advanced group based stuff the work required makes it so complex that it is not worth it, and it will be bugged for a long time if it was released.
    I am Stian ingame...

Easy update, easy to code. Please dear god funcom listen
    /signed
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Funcom did away with all this when people realised they can just farm out alt accounts and cheat. Having a quest to get 10 PvP kills a day in open world can easily be done and exploited.

This is why you don't see much content in this form because when they did have it (murderer system) it was exploited to death.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Funcom did away with all this when people realised they can just farm out alt accounts and cheat. Having a quest to get 10 PvP kills a day in open world can easily be done and exploited.

This is why you don't see much content in this form because when they did have it (murderer system) it was exploited to death.

murder system allowed lots of people to farm imba kd i dont care kd is meaningless to me only shows how much of a kd whoore a player is.

any human system will always have falts i would rather have bori removed and have kill 10 people in cimmeria quests then current void of open world content.
    if people started to farm alts in epic and stuff like that would be great i would be first one to stalk around in epic looking for them.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by bastii View Post
    im not a game designer but im a programmer, so in theory its easy enough to just implement any kind of quest to just kill this or that...
    i say, "in theory", because this game is so badly design and structured that adding a new pet in the store causes lags on every region, disconnect problems, bugged dungeons, problems solved a year ago come back all of the sudden, etc, etc, you name it --- the prove the game is badly designed is in front of us with each update or "server maintenance"...
    on analogy, to better understand it how this is HUGE, and since you are not programmer --- imagine you buying a new TV, placing it on the table on the first floor of your house, and BECAUSE OF IT, your bed on the second floor breaks --- how is that possible??? it is, and only stupids would do that!!! (not saying devs from funcom are stupid or its their fault, NO, but their bosses are not to bright either, its their fault for bad designing, leading, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    murder system allowed lots of people to farm imba kd i dont care kd is meaningless to me only shows how much of a kd whoore a player is.
    a list of top killers so we could click on them and receive a quest to "shoot on sight" would be fun to kill the k/d whores (whores would love it for sure, being chased down by everyone)
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 18th April 2013 at 02:21.

You got guilds... why make open-world pug ? Something like that would be cool, but please don't make it something involving pugs there's enough of that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Anything to promote more open world pvp is okay by me.

/signed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast