Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Please bring back the visible K/D system and make it visibile to all: it really helps us to play PvP more for some kind of scarce statistics at least!!!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

WTB how many times got zerged to death stat :P

KD removal aimed at changing PvP'ers behavior if i remember correctly.

It was removed, and people who used to leave the match with 10% HP still do so, nothing has changed here.

Team play has not improved a single bit (it's even 100 times worse since the premade removal as default match).

People who used to chase the weakest character to farm kills still do so.

So, at the end of the day, removing KD ratio has brought absolutely nothing to the PvP area.

The only thing it did was removing the very single incentive old PvP'ers had to join minigames when they're full in gear and AA.

So as it's been suggested (as in "begged") for years, bring back the KD ratio, and while you're at it, bring also new relevant stats, like minigames win/loss ratio, for each map, plus an overall stat, healing done, flags captured, number of ennemies killed in a row without dying, average distance travelled in one minigame, average damage done and taken per mini, etc.

I hardly understand what is KD advantage over minigame WON/LOST=LEFT. Could anyone describe me this?
    imo kdr mostly rewards for avoiding challenges not for facing them.

The question is not which stat is better or more relevant than an other.

The whole point is that any stat is better and more relevant than absolutely no stat at all.

Following that logic, the more stats the better, KD ratio being only one single stat among many others, that could be implemented in the game.

And frankly, KD back in time would not have been so important and would not have set people behavior on the matter if it has not been the only stat in game.

If you have many different stats, you have the choice to focus on what defines your play style the best. What matters for one player might be irrelevant for another.

K/D should not be put back as what ive understood Joel is planning a bigger scale PVP stat system anyway. Something that TSW has already i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    I hardly understand what is KD advantage over minigame WON/LOST=LEFT. Could anyone describe me this?
    Well there is no advantage. Even a "left Minigame"-Statistic would most likely be rather bad than of any value. People would just stop leaving and go AFK more often, effectively blocking a slot for someone willing to play. Happens often enough these days..."ZOMFG i got killed alone by 2 guys on the other end of the map while you noobs where fighting the enemy carrier...L2P NABS! AFK!!!"
    Sadly, this is mostly the type of player whose killstat in minis is opposite to the one of a random lowbie on the other team.

Even without K/D stats visible its easy to identify who's a killer, but that alone is pretty much worthless, dunno how a stat like K/D would improve ANYTHING at all.
    If there was some kind of stats implemented, I'd want it to encourage teamplay. So rangers and other classes would also support their team, anyone who's seen Ersakkis in minigames knows what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 18th April 2013 at 09:08.

Give back K/D, I want to see what k/d my new ''friends'' have on crom, you say its not accurate account of skill... Sure, it's not but you can read someting from a 10000/10000 demo or a 3/5600 conquerer, I miss it, gief back. And what the mini game win/leave ... and leave/disconnect. With the mini game leave/disconnect stats you can actually quite easily give out 1 week, 1 month or more bans from mini games for players that abuse the system. QQ

This is a really stupid idea. All it will do is encourage players to focus new PVPers even harder, and get minis popping less. Is this some sort of troll post or something? Anyone who doesn't understand that has to be a 16 year old "QQ more downie, rage more newb" type player, who has nothing better to do with their time then flex their kill count in minis, rather then actually showing off any level of skill. Focus more on fixing PVP so new players want to actually participate in PVP, rather then bringing back old scoreboards that did nothing positive for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    Why not show visible all the stats you can see on your character ? kills, mini-game stats per genre, tournament mode victoiries, siege results.

Adding a stat for left mini is the only thing lacking.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast